USPS??

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by butchlambert, May 11, 2018.

1. Gun Smith

Gun Smith Gold $$ Contributor

I ship hundreds of packages with USPS every year, and seldom have a problem. One that stands out though was to a customer
    in Canada. After the initial tracking saying it was checked at San Francisco, where all West Coast foreign stuff goes to be checked out for drugs or bombs or heaven knows what, it next showed up in Vilnius, Lithuania. Stayed there for weeks. Next it showed up in Germany. Felt bad about this, so I offered to send the customer a new item, even though I have a disclaimer for lost foreign stuff. He declined the offer.

About 6 weeks later, he emailed me saying it arrived!

aka Hunter likes this.
  2. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

A note from USPS says it is at the post office I shipped it from. Hopefully it is there tomorrow.

Hal likes this.
  3. butchlambert

Guess what! It is out dancing around again. This is after I went to pick it up and found out.
    May 15, 2018, 4:39 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 15, 2018 at 4:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    May 15, 2018, 3:39 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    May 14, 2018, 10:29 pm
    FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    May 14, 2018, 9:42 pm
    COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    May 14, 2018, 8:49 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    May 14, 2018, 12:30 am
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    May 13, 2018, 11:13 pm
    May 13, 2018, 10:45 pm
    May 13, 2018, 4:01 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

4. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

Exactly what I just did for some custom car floor mats that were hung up in NY state processing center since early April with tracking comment that it was 'undeliverable'. I opened a USPS account just to file a claim and, lo and behold, it was released and delivered in 3 days. ?????

Snuggie likes this.
  5. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Believe it or not, I can top that. Bought an 8 ft bass boat on E-Bay located in WI, to be shipped to me in Texas. It got as far as Chicago where it was loaded onto a air freighter. Got a call two days later from a gentleman with a thick Chinese accent saying it had arrived.....in Singapore!

Incredibly, they shipped it back to the US via air freight. Can you imagine the bill? 4ft x 8 ft x 2 ft and 260 lbs.

6. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

regular mail runs this way for me. someone takes off and we dont get the mail that day...get the paper 2 days late instead of one...I know this happens--they admit to it and dont even try to hide the fact...

7. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

WTF

8. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

insanity--

9. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

as much travel time that box has in Texas,must of passed my place 4 times,,,:confused:

Willie likes this.
  10. Steve Ladino

Steve Ladino Silver $$ Contributor

The mail services are overwhelmed ! No more Sears and Roebucks or JC Penney or K Mart etc. etc. etc. We now have more options to purchase stuff but it all now comes in the mail.

Got a barrel the other day from Idaho VIA UPS. The muzzle had pierced the plastic end cap of the shipping tube and was hanging out about six inches. Shoved under my door mat with no comment or anything from UPS. They don't give a S... !

11. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer

Probably they are justifying their budget with the Trump admin by additional foul ups..

Ray

12. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

They are just like every other governmental employer including firefighters and police.. They are just about broke and belly up with all their pension funds are way low on funding. They are cutting every corner they can to try and keep their heads above water.

13. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market

I've had a couple of dropped balls by USPS but even just based on my percentages, they do very good, no, excellent, overall. It amazes me how they get so many right with so few screw ups, really.

We all get mad when it's our turn in the barrel.

What chaps my arse is that the USPS basically subsidizes UPS when they deliver packages from UPS to the end user's mail box.

WyleWD likes this.
  14. LCazador

LCazador Competitive shooter and reloader for 50 years+ Silver $$ Contributor

That barcode does nothing but frustrate a person for tracking a package. Like Trump says why would UPS send packages to the post office for final shipping and the post office is losing money delivering them, wha', who, why? I had the post office lose a handgun I shipped last year and the tracking number did not help. I filed a claim after two weeks and they looked for it for several months. It finally showed up at destination 4 months later and they were still trying to fulfill my claim 6 months later. This was after I notified them the item showed up and I no longer needed the claim fulfilled!! If I were dishonest I would have kept my mouth shut and accepted their stupidity along with their money.

15. butchlambert

Mike,overall I'm very pleased with the postal service.Package is at my post office this morning. I hope to get it before it is shipped out again.
    Hopefully my last post on this will be this afternoon.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  16. butchlambert

I went to the post office and made another label with the same address and sent it out again. The old address was legible and postmaster is still scratching his head.

Raythemanroe likes this.
  17. ireload2

ireload2

I ordered 5 lbs of SS case tumbling pin media. The company is near San Antonio , Tx. I am 80 miles away up Interstate 35.
    My package was mailed before July 4th.
    As I post this it is in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

18. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

I hear it's a nice place to visit during a Holiday! Good fireworks show! Maybe the driver took his family.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Raythemanroe likes this.
  19. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

All of them have miscues. I had a barrel shipped UPS from Ohio to Delaware via Salt Lake City, Utah.

20. ratbuster

ratbuster Silver $$ Contributor

I bought a rimfire rifle from a guy in Wichita, shipped USPS to the west coast. Took over a month to arrive.