US Rifle Team

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by 6fatrat, Jan 22, 2019.

1. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

2. Mr. Ten-X

Mr. Ten-X

3. mgunderson

mgunderson sling shooter Gold $$ Contributor

Nice Job Oliver only dropping one point on Tuesday.

Wednesday looks like 20 shots total at 300 and 500. Fewer shots than we would have here in the US for a big match.

Warren Dean likes this.
  4. Erud

Erud

2 strings of 10 at each yard line. 40 total

mgunderson likes this.
  5. Matthew Schwartzkopf

Matthew Schwartzkopf Silver $$ Contributor

In Tuesdays match there where 4 USA Shooters in the top 40. 3 of them are from Arizona. (Pete Church spends his winters here) Great Shooting. Congrats Oliver!

Warren Dean and Mike Samer like this.
  6. Archer

Archer

Here is the aggregate results for Tuesday's individual match in New Zealand...I highlighted any US shooting members...Great shooting done by all (although it does seem like the wheels came off the bus at 1000 yds, probably due to a dramatic change in conditions)...Go USA...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    GSS likes this.
  7. GSS

GSS

Looking at Facebook pictures from a few friends that are shooting there it sure looks like a beautiful range

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  8. Mr. Ten-X

Mr. Ten-X

Turnout seems kinda low. Will be interesting to see how many shoot the World's.

9. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

10. Archer

Archer

Here are the results for Wednesday's matches...14 shooters from the USA in the top 50...

Attached Files:

mgunderson likes this.
  11. Mudcat

Mudcat Gold $$ Contributor

Yes, we have 3 squads here, the Palma team, Vets and the U25s, as for those that do not follow Palma shooting, we basically split the teams into 3 groups. I manage the Under 25 team and we brought 10 youngins with us and they are doing quite well, as you can see from the results. Our U21 portion of the team (5 of our 10 kids, of which, the youngest two are 14 and 17) took the Bronze in the U21 World Championship team match earlier this week. Due to scheduling issues they had to run that match early in the shooting, but the kids still handled the conditions well and put up some good scores. They are having a blast and enjoying themselves, as well as putting up some really spectacular individual scores, including several top 10 finishes (overall) and at least one match win so far. Not too shabby for a bunch of kids. Proud of them, as I am sure everyone is as they do a fine job of representing the USA.

Will try to get some info posted in this thread as I can, but as one can imagine, its a might hectic over here right now. Though, I will admit, I enjoy this weather a whole lot more than what NC is seeing at the moment! (Was in the 90s yesterday and a much more reasonable upper 70s today).

John

Erud, Archer, corning and 6 others like this.
  12. Mr. Ten-X

Mr. Ten-X

13. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Trudie Fay drops one stinking point at 300 no less and is in 12th? She's beating their butts X wise… GO Trudie!!

14. jkl

jkl Gold $$ Contributor

Out point them and your X count doesn’t matter!
    Trudy and Oliver go toe to toe all the time. We will miss her at SWN this year,

15. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

John
    Do you know the total number of US competitors shooting the New Zealand matches? Is there a US Goodwill team for those US competitors not on the official 3 teams?

16. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

Yes, Bob Churchill’s down there with a bunch of others, shoot a Goodwill Team. Saw a post (F*book maybe?) showing ‘em after a solid performance. FB won’t give me a link though, here’s a screen-grab:

Bolt Gun God likes this.
  17. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

18. jkl

jkl Gold $$ Contributor

3 from Arizona on the goodwill team

73 and sunny here today. SWN will be nice.

19. Archer

Archer

Today was day 2 of the Belt Series match...600 yd was who can get the most V's...drop one point and you find yourself 140th place...900 yd was also tight with first point dropped put you 47th...1000 yd was all over the place with several 3's, 4's, and some 0's, 1's mixed in just to keep things real...USA still has 9 shooters in the top 50...

Attached Files:

20. Mudcat

Mudcat Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure of our US headcount, but its a good bit. Yes, there is a goodwill team here, but not sure there are any others. The wind today at 1000 was, well, interesting. I have yet to figure out the 1000 yard line when the wind is up like that....its there, then its not, but still looks like its there....oh, and doesnt help if you are on the low end which they apparently call “magpie alley” and you can guess where I was today. ;)

DarkStar and GSS like this.