UBR nationals somerset, ky sep 2017

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by tn6br, Sep 9, 2017.

1. tn6br

tn6br Silver $$ Contributor

Been tuning up for nationals next week. Wondering about how big the turn out will be, who all is planning on going?

2. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

Is this at Buck Creek?

3. tn6br

Yes it is. Friday is 100 yd and sat is 200 yd. Do you shoot ubr? Or ever shoot at buck creek?

4. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

The range is just 10 miles from my house, but since I don't shoot formal BR my only experiences at that range are a few informal rimfire matches and some egg and balloon shoots 10-12 years ago, when Jackie Stogsdill was still pretty active.

5. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

They're all great, but this is the "can't miss" match of the year, for me. I hope we have several new people come to see what UBR is all about and why it's growing while most forms of BR are wondering how to "save" the sport.
    Ya'll come on! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    The weatherman says the weather will be great with light winds, so bring a jacket and something to tie everything down to keep it from blowing away. Lol!!
    If he's right, there should be some great scores shot both days.

nonotone and WyleWD like this.
  6. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Come see Jackie! He's active again and doing great since his lung transplant. I've known him for over a decade and I don't remember him seeming as healthy as he is now. Thank the Lord! If you ask him nice, he might go down range and set your flags!
    Seriously, if you haven't seen him in a while, you won't believe how he's been doing. He's a walking miracle, if you ask me.

WyleWD likes this.
  7. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

I heard the transplant was successful. It's good to know he's out and about. He's a great guy.
    If possible I'll drop by and see what this short range stuff is all about.

WyleWD, tn6br and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  8. tn6br

Hope to see you there. If i lived ten mins from a range that nice i'd be there to shoot every chance i got lol.

9. WyleWD

WyleWD Silver $$ Contributor

I just talked to Jackie on the phone yesterday for the first time in a couple of months. He's getting along great and from what I hear he is shooting as well as ever. He's one of the nicest fellows I know. Definitely take a rifle along and try out the UBR format. Wish I could make it, I couldn't make it to shoot this weekend if there was 4 of me.:( WD

10. tn6br

Scores

Attached Files:

oliver88 and WyleWD like this.
  11. tn6br

Scores require a little deciphering...The scoring program had not been made to properly display the classes.
    VFS=Unlimited class
    VH=Modified class
    F= Factory
    CU= Custom class

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

Congratulations Melvin on your 1st place modified 100 yd win. LDS

nonotone likes this.
  13. tn6br

Thank you sir. I had a great time shooting with a great group of guys.

nonotone and oliver88 like this.
  14. oliver88

oliver88

I love the UBR format. It is the best precision shooting format available.
    Congratulations to you Melvin.

The 2017 UBR nationals were the most competitive ever.
    The scores and the number of competitors just keeps growing.

nonotone, tn6br and LarryDScott like this.
  15. waynemac

waynemac

Whooo Hooo! The 2017 UBR Nationals were the best ever! And I've been to every one. Congrats to the winners.

Wayne

WyleWD, nonotone and LarryDScott like this.
  16. ShaneG.

ShaneG.

I just got home after a short detour to Wilmore to see my daughter. The UBR nationals was a dang good time. Couldn't have had a better time or a smoother run match...very few hiccups if any that I seen.
    Thanks to Jackie for putting up with everyone.

WyleWD, nonotone and tn6br like this.
  17. Redneck01

Redneck01

Great bunch of guys, some awesome shooting even in the heavy mirage.
    Enjoyed being with old friends, and missed those that could not make it.
    Thanks to Jackie, Danny, Rick , John and all the others guys that helped,
    Awesome run match
    JR

tn6br, WyleWD and LarryDScott like this.
  18. gunsandgunsmithing

Congrats again JR! You have shot crazy good all year! If anyone thinks you and several more of the UBR shooters can't compete anywhere in the world, they have got another thing coming. This is what it's all about, good fun, great guns and the best shooters in the world are shooting this new UBR format. There are other world class shooters that haven't tried UBR yet...I don't think their scared to or anything like that, but they better know that, should they decide to give this game a try, they better take it very seriously and bring their "A" game.

There are so many reasons why UBR is growing and doing well and the match this weekend showcased them all! I feel bad for anyone that didn't or couldn't come. They really missed out on the best shoot I've ever been to.

I'm still letting it all soak into my head, just how well done this match is and how unbelievably this bunch of shooters performed. This is equal to or better than any other form of benchrest shooting out there.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM
  19. gunsandgunsmithing

Header2.png

Tried to copy and paste details about the UBR caliber neutral scoring system but was not successful. Here's a link to the site(which needs a facelift) but explains the scoring system in detail and tells why and how the system is fair for anyone shooting a 22, 6mm or a 30 cal.

There's a class for everyone, including factory, as well as classes that accommodate modified factory rifles, full custom rigs and an unlimited class for anything else, including rail guns.

http://ultimatebenchrest.com/about/the-targets

WyleWD likes this.
  20. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

Is there some organization or governing body to $ join $ to have a range be able to put these shoots on? I looked on the site but maybe just not hard enough.......Thanks

Regards
    Rick

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.