UBR MATCHES AT DEAD ZERO, starting April

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by ttfreestyle, Dec 14, 2018.

1. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

AD64F914-3B90-4429-9447-43E3D7737837.jpeg Looking like Ubr matches will be coming to dead zero! IF it ever dries up that is......
    proposed match dates are as follows.

April 13th
    May 11th
    June 8 th
    July-OPEN
    August 10th
    September 14th
    October 12th.
    Come check out the range. You can go to ultimatebenchrest.com to check out the different classes. We have enlisted the help of a few experienced Ubr guys to see that it runs smoothly. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    TonyinKY, jimmymac, Greyfox and 4 others like this.
  2. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

Where is dead zero?

Redneck01 likes this.
  3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Looks like spencer, tn. Address is listed above

jimmymac and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  4. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

You coming?

5. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

You never know. Thats like 500mi. Got any closer?

6. ttfreestyle

7. GSPV

GSPV A failure to plan is a plan for failure.

It’s 500 miles, but it is pretty much the garden spot of the universe.

8. GSPV

Those that go to Dead Zero from Nashville and points beyond, will likely exit at the eastern-most exit from I-40 East for Lebanon , TN. If memory serves, as it, alas, increasingly fails to do, it is the Watertown/Smithville exit.

Along the way to Watertown, if you look to the left/east, you will see a series of several prominent hills. The tallest of them is Jennings Knob. It is the highest point in the area. Named for my family. They were some of the early settlers of the area, having immigrated from Northern Ireland via Virginia and North Carolina in the great Scots Irish diaspora.

A little to the Southwest, down a county road, is the town of Statesville. The cemetery there is the Jennings Cemetery. Most of the family took off for points west after the Civil War. The largest single gathering of Jennings that I have ever attended was when I visited that cemetery. It was eerie.

The area around Lebanon and Statesville doesn’t favor much. As you get further to the southeast, hills and hardwoods take over from the limestone and cedar and becomes truly beautiful.

Sorry for the digression. Give Dead Zero a chance. Maybe make a whole weekend of it and take your flyrod along. There is some good trout fishing in the Caney Fork below Center Hill.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  9. JMayo

JMayo

UBR it's in this area but there is no address on their site. 3 hrs of Charlotte.
    I may try it out.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  10. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Johnny, I really like shooting it. It's much like any score game but the X is a point rather than a tie breaker and it is caliber neutral. Hope to see you at a match next season.--Mike

p.s.---Danny Hensley is the main guy. He's in Jonesville, Va., I think. He' stays pretty busy and may not see this but I think it's safe to say that you can reach out to @Greyfox , on this forum for some more info. He's very involved with UBR and I think he would be happy to help you get going in UBR.

Loggins J and JMayo like this.
  11. ttfreestyle

Talked to the boss, these dates are a go for Ubr. Y’all come shoot with us and there is a factory class for anyone wanting to try it before taking the plunge into the rabbit hole;)

12. cheek9075

cheek9075

Rabbit hole????

Big sinkhole!!!!

Looking forward to Rick (Greyfox) and everyone getting the new range open. Hope to make the trip to both ranges this year.

13. Loggins J

Loggins J

Allegheny rifle club has UBR matches about 2.5 hours from Charlotte www.alleghanyrifle.com

JMayo and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  14. JMayo

JMayo

That may be where a couple of my friends have been going ...I know it wasn't way far off. It's less than 2 hrs on my map.

15. Loggins J

Loggins J

Looking forward to seeing you next year

16. GSPV

I don’t know about the Smithville/Sparta area, but I’m convinced that *all* of the Lebanon/Watertown area is going to disappear into a sinkhole one day. My mom’s farm east of Lebanon must have a dozen on it. One of them is apparently bottomless. Water flows into it and goes down like a flush toilet...

17. ttfreestyle

Gotta stop raining!

First match is April 13th.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  18. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

1 or 2 day event?

19. ttfreestyle

Ubr is normally one day unless it’s the nationals or another big event. All of ours are one day this year. The exact dates are in the first post of this thread. Thanks

gunsandgunsmithing and Shooter13 like this.
  20. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

I've already put them in my calendar!