Trigger Work on a Sako #4 Trigger

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by South Pender, Feb 11, 2018.

1. South Pender

South Pender

I have a Sako L461 in .222 Rem. on which I'd like to have the trigger improved. As is, I think it can be adjusted to a little over 2 lbs., but I would like to have it in the 8 oz. range. As for as I can tell, there are no aftermarket triggers for these older Sakos that can be adjusted down into the ounces (the Timney will only go down to 1.5 lbs.).

Is there anyone out there who specializes in (or is very familiar with) Sako triggers who could work on it and get it safely into the ounces. I would want to be able to just send the trigger for the work, not the entire action.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

I think that 1.5lb trigger is borderline. I dont think youll ever find anybody thatll put that design of trigger into the ounces range its just too riskay

3. South Pender

South Pender

Is this because it's a two-level trigger? You're probably right. I've had a Cooper two-lever stock trigger worked down to 1 lb. safely, and I guess if I could get the Sako trigger to a safe 1 lb., that would be worth it.