trigger suggestion?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by TrxR, Sep 24, 2018.

1. TrxR

TrxR

Thinking about replacing the trigger in my 1959 rem 40x rimfire trigger. Was thinking about a jewell br with bolt release. Any other suggestions ? (Bix n andy a little out if the price range). The factory trigger has been worked before i got it, it is nice and crisp but am thinking a lighter trigger might be nice as it is used as a benchrest gun. Do you think a trigger swap will be worth it?

Thanks

2. JMayo

JMayo

The guys at rimfire accuracy could answer this with allot of first-hand knowledge.
    Seems like I remember the talk of those 40x triggers being hard to come by/in demand

3. swd

swd Yep that's me Gold $$ Contributor

For the money it's still hard to beat a Jewell. But the Bix sure is nice..

mikeinct likes this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Gold $$ Contributor

The B & A sport was pretty close to the same price as the Jewell when I bought mine...
    It has been a good choice...

mikeinct likes this.
  5. TrxR

TrxR

I did a simple test on the trigger by standing the rifle straight up and hanging wheel weights from the trigger with snare wire and its around 16 ounces used a fired piece of brass as a snap cap. Now just to find a Canadian dealer or wait till Brownells has a sale and buy a Jewell with bolt release.

Is there a way to release the bolt on the rimfires without the bolt release trigger?

Thanks

6. 1lnbrdg

1lnbrdg

https://timneytriggers.com/remington-benchrest/
    I'm shooting 2 of the Tactical triggers, now known as the benchrest trigger. When I ordered mine, could get them 8 oz up to 1.5 lbs I think. Both are as good as or better than my Jewell single stage triggers.

7. F Class John

F Class John Gold $$ Contributor

Love love love my B&A. While I never blew out a Jewell as others have reported I know it’s something I don’t have to worry about with my B&A. On top of that it’s silky smooth and lets me pull at 1.5ozs and never worry about slam firing like Jewell has done on me in the past.

8. TrxR

TrxR

Well I ended up getting a Jewell . The price of the B&A kind of put it out of the running sadly. Hopefully I wont have any issues with the Jewell.

mikegaiz likes this.
  9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

If you reinstall the spring and bolt stop you can push it down with a pocket knife or even a toothpick and release the bolt