Trigger on Kimber 82G

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by RJinTexas, Jul 30, 2012.

1. RJinTexas

RJinTexas Site $$ Contributor

Does anyone know of a after market trigger that will fit the 82G? Or a gunsmith that can rework it to produce a reliable repatable consistant trigger pull around or under 6oz.

Thanks
    RJ

2. 4570sharpshooter

4570sharpshooter

There is a gunshop that reworks the original , now let me see if I can find the info. Stay tuned....45/70SS

3. natdscott

natdscott Site $$ Contributor

I can tune and hone one to give a repeatable and very QUALITY break...but for 6 oz, I think not. Tell you the truth, that trigger design really shouldn't be taken down that far, in my opinion. You need another lever or two to get a trigger that light safely.

A pound might be doable. 2 is easily done with good repeatability and reliability.

The trigger, properly honed (and it is solid tool steel), can be extremely crisp on the break.

-Nate

4. Hippy

Hippy

Although I do not own a 82 G I believe this thread will help you if you are a Do-it-Yourself kind of guy. Also I believe he offers this service ,not sure.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223707

Jim

5. tome

tome

There's a guy on the Kimber forun on rimfire central that modifies the stock kimber trigger by redrilling and changing the fulcrum point..do a search there

6. Patrick R

Patrick R

So dose no one know of a good gun smith to work on triggers for Kimber 84Gs?

7. velocette

velocette

There is to my knowledge no smith that does good 82g triggers. Nemo, who started the move the pivot pin of the 82g has not been available
    to do the work for a while. Nor are there any aftermarket triggers.
    As far as working the stock trigger, you can get it down to about 10 ~ 12 oz reliably and safely by smoothing & deburring, all moving and bearing surfaces. Polishing the sear engagement surfaces, using softer return springs, Moly grease on the engagement surfaces on the sear andstriker in the bolt. and careful adjustment. Beneath 10 oz, you will occasionally have the striker fall when you close the bolt. below 8 oz the striker will fall on its own randomly. (Please note, at 10 ~ 12 oz the trigger will NOT pass a bump test, but is adequate for match use.)
    One last warning. There are NO spare parts for the 82g, so when you have your way with the trigger, know that your mistakes may be terminal.
    My 82g trigger is a consistent 11 ~ 12 oz & as good as I can get it, good enough to win my clubs smallbore prone match last month.

Roger

8. natdscott

natdscott Site $$ Contributor

Absolutely.

Don't take the following to mean I am dogging on the 82G, as I own one and have learned a lot from her, but...

If you truly need a trigger in the ounces to be competitive, then you need a better rifle in the first place; keep in mind that that rifle has a lower-grade Wilson barrel...it was only designed to hold 10 ring, not X.

The trigger group you are looking for starts with a 5-0 and ends with a 1-8, and her nickname is usually Annie.

-Nate

9. Patrick R

Patrick R

My local clubs around me shoot ARA type matches.

The Kimber 84 fits in the Factory Target class.

Trigger mods are aloud. A lighter trigger would help raise scores.