Tikka T1X 22 Question

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by mrh1958, Jan 24, 2020.

1. mrh1958

mrh1958 Silver $$ Contributor

Looking at the Tikka T1X in 22lr and was wondering about what type chamber they have, match ? or sporting ?

2. justinp61

justinp61

Sporting.

3. Dave Marshall

Dave Marshall

I tested about 12 brands/types of match ammo in mine. It likes Eley Club the best, and all other types of Eley I tried outshot everything but Lapua centerX.

I am extremely impressed with this rifle for what it costs.

Sieg, DaWhit and dmoran like this.
  4. mrh1958

mrh1958 Silver $$ Contributor

No engraving on the bullet when chambered ?

5. zeke06

zeke06 Silver $$ Contributor

I haven’t done a chamber cast on one yet but guessing on how much play with a live round it’s a probably a little tighter then a sporting chamber. It doesn’t engrave Lapua Center X at all. If I get some time next week all cast one and post the chamber dimensions.

daleboy likes this.
  6. justinp61

justinp61

Not on SK Standard Plus.

7. Dryfly24

Dryfly24 Silver $$ Contributor

I guess the question we should be asking is how does it group at 50 and beyond?

8. justinp61

justinp61

Mine shoots well with most ammo, that seems to be the general consensus among other owners too. It's the best accuracy bang for the buck rifle I own. If they come out with a LH I will buy another.

There are several T1X threads on rimfire central and the snipers hide.

DaWhit likes this.
  9. chet

chet

IMG_20200124_162901.jpg tuner.jpg [/ATTACH] i have a t1x with a barrel tuner and made an aluminum plate 3" wide to fit in a standard benchrest front rest for my cf rifles shoots real good.

Attached Files:

10. zeke06

zeke06 Silver $$ Contributor

I was able to do a chamber cast and here are the dimensions I came up with. Looking at how the leade is I am assuming that the chamber is forged into the blank. The dimensions are slightly tighter then a sporting chamber but has an long/kind of odd leade. Eventually I’ll do some testing and see how much the barrel needs to be set back to get the bullet into the lands. I also have a few other things in mind that may slightly improve accuracy.

Attached Files: