Tikka 6mmbr

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by palo, May 26, 2019.

1. palo

palo

I'm thinking of building a 6mmbr for varmints and some target shooting.
    I would like a mag fed rifle and I was thinking about a tikka T3 action fitted with a custom barrel and a Krg bravo chassis with the new Mdt 6mmbr magazine. Do you think this build would feed and eject reliably ?

2. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Hey palo! I built a 6br on a Tikka 595. I used a Brux Palma contour. I made my own stock. To get it to feed, I had to add a small coil spring at the front of the follower, inside the 22-250 factory magazine. After that, it feeds and ejects fine.
    Do a search here and you’ll find my post on it, with pics and a short video.

simo hayha and dmoran like this.
  3. Badsalad

Badsalad

palo, I have a Tikka action w/ a Krieger barrel in a Bravo. A friend bought a lathe & we chambered and fit the barrel about 3 months ago. Current round count is 300. Love it. Mine is an older action and the port is quite narrow so it’s difficult to hand feed. Using the PMAGS modified to seat in the Bravo (removed material from feed lips, no kit) as long as you run the action quickly it has no problem feeding/ejecting 80gr Bergers. Not as reliable feeding the 105 VLDs. I have ordered an MDT magazine, should be here today. I’ll let you know how that works. Best 5 rd group at 100yd with the 105s was .180” (@2880 MV). I’ll add I’m not a great shot – but the non-fussy accuracy out of this thing is mind blowing.

Attached Files:

4. palo

palo

Lovely rifle. I was also looking to get a stainless barrel and action and green stock as well.
    Please let me know how the mdt magazine works out.

5. Badsalad

Badsalad

MDT magazine seems to feed fine. Only tried it with the 105VLDs working the bolt fast or slow I had no issues.

6. palo

palo

That's great to hear. Thanks for the reply.

7. Rdlningcltchdmpr

Rdlningcltchdmpr Gold $$ Contributor

You might want to consider my next one, 6mm-22nozler . this is the easiest one to do one a tikka/223 bolt face. Identical case capacity to the ppc but way easier to make.

8. Greg_t

Greg_t

I did a 6BR on a Tikka and made followers to fit the normal MDT 5 and 10 round mags. It feeds and ejects spot on. The new MDT mags should do the same thing, just not available in Australia.

IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3784.JPG

Attached Files:

dmoran, holstil, joshb and 1 other person like this.
  9. NealC

NealC

How did you make those parts?

10. Greg_t

Greg_t

I CNC milled them. I've refined them a little now and narrowed the slot in the spacer as well as made some more room for the spring to fold up properly. It feeds like a 223/308, no issues at all.

painter and dmoran like this.
  11. painter

painter Gold $$ Contributor

Sir are you planning on making any more of these if so I am interested thanks A.L. workman