Threaded caps for Sightron scopes?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Lefty Trigger, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Lefty Trigger

Lefty Trigger Gold $$ Contributor

Does anybody sell threaded lens caps to fit Sightron scopes? Mine came with a scope-coat but it wont fit on because I have the scope real close to the barrel. Really like the threaded caps that others use and I hate the flip-up type.

SPJ likes this.
  2. TonyinKY

TonyinKY Silver $$ Contributor

SPJ and DNotti like this.
  3. Lefty Trigger

Lefty Trigger Gold $$ Contributor

4. TonyinKY

TonyinKY Silver $$ Contributor

Got it. Your caps will mail out tomorrow morning. Thanks!!!

5. charlesasmith

charlesasmith

Tony: Made a Paypal of $33.00 a few days ago. Have you seen the payment yet?

Chuck in Portland, Oregon.

6. DBLNUT

DBLNUT

Try B&H photo, you can look them up on the internet. I bought these for my March HM scopes, it takes a 58MM for the front and a 37MM for the rear.
    I am not sure but I think all scopes should be threaded for a .75MM pitch thread. My Nightforces are .75MM pitch as are the March's.

Sensei 58mm Screw-In Metal Lens Cap

7. DBLNUT

DBLNUT

8. foxguy

foxguy Gold $$ Contributor

If you would like a threaded Objective Lens Cap for the Sightron SIII 8-32 X 56
    B & H Photo sells Metal Caps for camera Lenses that will fit. The Sensei 62mm Screw-In Metal Lens Cap fit the 56 MM Objective.

I'm also looking for a Lens Cap that will fit the Sightron SIII 10-50 x 60
    I will be checking on the next size up from the Sensei 62 MM to see if that will fit the 60MM objective.

9. oht

oht Silver $$ Contributor

10. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Which one of these is for the objective end of the Sightron 10 x 50 x 60 ? Is there one that fits the eye piece As well? Thanks

11. oht

They all fit the objective on the Sightron 10-50x60's. Just different styles.

I'm not sure on the eye piece. I have a couple different sizes ready order (37-40 mm) to see if any snap-on ones fit. If anyone knows it will save me the headache/cost of trial and error like the objective ones?

12. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Thank u Sir.

13. foxguy

foxguy Gold $$ Contributor

oht,

Did you thread that Sensei 62mm threaded lens cap onto the Sightron SIII 10-50x60 objective lens.
    I tried one on my 10-50x60 and it didn't seem like it threaded on/off properly(loose wobbly fit-didn't thread up tight)? When I screwed it onto the 8-32x56 it threaded right on - an excellent fit.

14. oht

Just checked the four scopes I have. Two of each objective size. The thread fit (Sensei LCM-62) seems pretty much the same on all scopes. The 10-50x60's are a little more difficult because the OD is larger. Pretty good sample as an old and new (zero stop) in each objective size. I personally like the cheap snap-on caps a little better functionally, but threaded metal caps looks cooler.

15. Dean Slater

Dean Slater Silver $$ Contributor

Which threaded one for the eye piece for a Sightron 8-32x56mm

16. oht

I don't think the eye piece on these scopes is threaded. Just a lip for the rubber bumper thingy.