This Just in From Oregon

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by watercam, Jan 11, 2019.

1. watercam

watercam Gold $$ Contributor

2. mikehotel

mikehotel

good grief, I sure hope it doesn't pass, or if it does... it gets held up in court :(

3. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

Wow. Wow, wow.

The mag restrictions are severe but the ammo purchase limits are utterly idiotic.

David

msinc, 300_whisper and corning like this.
  4. Bojo

Bojo

Looney toons

Idaho-Lefty, msinc and mikeinct like this.
  5. swd

swd Silver $$ Contributor

They just keep chipping away. Or in this case it's closer to dynamite..

6. TrxR

TrxR

Already have the 5 round mag limit and need a license to buy firearm or ammo but only 20 rounds a month?

I thought it was bad here in Canada.

Zero333 likes this.
  7. KevinThomas

KevinThomas

Well let’s just see if any of the sheriffs declare their county to be a “sanctuary county” and declines to enforce the law (if it actually passes). They have a pretty clear precedent that they can enforce, or not enforce laws as they see fit. After all, isn’t Oregon a declared sanctuary state? If so, they’ve set the standard and have no one to blame but their own arrogant asses.

8. corning

corning

Severe? It effectively bans all semi-auto firearms. To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing out there with a magazine capacity that low. Cuomo tried that in NY (7 round capacity) with the safe act. It later got "adjusted" to 10 round capacity with the caveat that one could carry no more than 7 in the magazine.

9. Coyotefurharvester

Coyotefurharvester

Well if you voted for Wagner, you are getting what you voted for.

Idaho-Lefty and msinc like this.
  10. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Silver $$ Contributor

Voters in Oregon hold the power to hold a recall election. Band together and use that power. We did it in Colorado and recalled the State Senate President (1st time in state history) and two other Reps. State government got the message and stopped with the shenanigans..

11. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

20 rounds per month flies in the face of "a well regulated militia,". You can't have a well regulated militia with 20 rounds per month!
    Liberals see the term well regulated and see room for restrictions on the 2nd and our God given freedoms. I see WELL SUPPLIED AND WELL TRAINED...WELL REGULATED!
    The part they dismiss most is that the Bill of Rights is not in any way about limitations on the rights of free people. Rather, they are explicit limitations placed upon government's authority.

We have a court now, that will likely, properly and hopefully strike this down and fast.

Bojo, D Coots, foxguy and 4 others like this.
  12. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........ Gold $$ Contributor

Looks like some of the rejects from my state (CA) moved north to screw up living and gun advocates rights there. Its their diseased minds. Simple solution....build a wall...against LIBERALS.

Alex

gunwise, Lone Hunter, 'Freak and 7 others like this.
  13. gambleone

gambleone Silver $$ Contributor

gunwise, 'Freak, msinc and 1 other person like this.
  14. CT10ring

CT10ring Gold $$ Contributor

15. watercam

watercam Gold $$ Contributor

The last attempt was written by religious leaders in Portland. No doubt they are still involved along with Ms. Brown and her posse.

16. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

So Oregon follows California. Checked with Wally World about buying ammo. Counter man says "still the SOS. No problems till July of this year. And you know all the bad guys are going to follow all the rules". :rolleyes:
    Quite obvious California is busy regulating EVERYTHING and can't figure out how to do any of it. Something like 1200 new bills passed last year. I wonder which one will make ME a bad guy this year.:(

Idaho-Lefty and mikeinct like this.
  17. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

How can you regulate ammo purchases? Do you give everybody a subway sandwich punch card? Tattoo a check mark by the month/yr on a guys arm? Will the retailers like midway not ship any to oregon because they dont know if you bought some at fred meyer last week? How do you buy a bucket of 22 bullets- can you bank your 20ration until you get 1400credits built up? I figure this will breed a bunch of reloaders

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  18. muleman69

muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. RVN Gold $$ Contributor

You hit the nail dead on the head. Califlakes been heading north for years, we have watched it. I'm not talking about the good folks that left here ,I'm talking the Subaru/huggers

19. dtucker

dtucker Silver $$ Contributor

We no longer live in a great country. We are ruled and told what to do by a hand full of people that live in their own world and we have to erase history and give up our God givin freedoms that this country was built on because it offends the foreigners that move over here and do not like our ways.

Lone Hunter, bobinpa, 'Freak and 7 others like this.
  20. rayporter

rayporter Silver $$ Contributor

reloaders will be next - 20 bullets per month ration

clunker, msinc, joshb and 1 other person like this.