THIS.... is the Best Scope for the MONEY

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by daniel brothers, Jan 24, 2017.

Trader History (13)
  1. daniel brothers

daniel brothers

First of all...

This is just give a simple review of this scope.... in MY OPINION... that it is the Best for the Money.

And.... it does tick me off to have to admit it that this scope is clearer than my higher dollar scopes.

i got this scope last week, thinking about putting it on my friend's rifle...but first had to test it's clarity for myself.

I rated three scopes today...by looking at ducks on the water and cypress tree stumps about 650 yds away.

my bushnell elite 4200 8-32 x 40 scope is a clear 10 on clarity...

my vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP... is a clear 8 on clarity...

this Monstrum Tactical 6-24x50 Rifle Scope with First Focal Plane... is a clear 8 1/2 on clarity.

as a matter of fact... the bushnell was more crisp on 32 power, than the other scopes were on their 24 power... but these bushnell 4200 are really target scopes, and are the best that I've ever looked through.

the Monstrum is a tad bigger and heavier scope, but for the price difference... it's more than except-able in my book... it feels solid and durable... it even comes with serious scope rings.

I have not installed it or shot it yet, but I have no worries about it.

I opened the package carefully in case I needed to send it back if it was just China junk... but it's now going on a rifle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AB2VXIO/?tag=accuratescom-20

PS... I don't have to post this review... I'm only trying to help someone who doesn't have the big bucks for high end scopes.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Hammer47

Hammer47 I suffer fools poorly. Silver $$ Contributor

Dan............give those turrets a good workout and see if the return to zero is correct. I am betting they will not repeat. Btw, hope you are liking the 7Mag brass you got from me. Gary

3. Phil

Phil

Dan,

Any idea on the weight?????

I have an AR project looking for glass.......:rolleyes:

Phil.

4. Phil

Phil

1 Lb. 14 Ozs...........

Just found it.......:confused:

5. daniel brothers

daniel brothers

It is a tad bigger and heavier than my other scopes...

Hammer... I'm planning on installing this scope on my friend's 7 mm... and he will not be turning the turrets much anyways. BUT... those guys posting those reviews make it sound repeatable just fine.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  6. Phil

Phil

Let us know how the tracking is after he`s used it for a while.......

For my purposes, I`d just use the reticle after initial zeroing....

7. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

First focal plane scope for 219 ? I really hope it works out for you but the odds are after using it for a bit especially on a magnum, it's doubtful your opinion will hold about this optic. I've done it a few times with no name scopes and was impressed at first. That lasted thru 50 rounds and went south fast. I certainly hope your experience is better than mine have been for you and the guys that could use a great scope at that cost. I'm actually looking for a 6-24 model scope myself but shooting toward Sightron or the New Gen II Vortex Viper. Good luck and keep us all posted on your experience with that optic.

8. daniel brothers

daniel brothers

I just sent this email to them...

I have not mounted this scope yet because some guys have me spooked about it holding up to the recoil of a 7mm remington mag rifle. They said those china scopes may give me 50 or so shots, then go crazy... is there any kind of warranty on these things? I sure would hate to see it turn into a flop... can you give me some advise please.... thanks...Dan

This was their reply...

Hey Dan,

One year warranty on our optics. Should hold up just fine.

B Mize likes this.
  9. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Sounds good. All you can do is put it to the test and hope for the best. Great price for a scope that clear. Especially at top magnification. Be curious to see how it is in warm weather

10. Hammer47

Hammer47 I suffer fools poorly. Silver $$ Contributor

Best advice I can give you Dan is to stick with the fixed power SWFA SS scopes. Ironclad warranty and they DEFINITELY REPEAT ZERO. I run several of them and they are truly a joy. Btw, $299 non sale price. ABSOLUTELY A BEST BUY. Gary

muleystalker likes this.
  11. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Got to agree with these guys, buy once cry once.

12. daniel brothers

daniel brothers

buy once cry once...LOL... I cried twice... I have two of those 900.00 apiece vortex scopes... and their clarity is not as good as my Bushnell... and this cheap one... I'm still crying... can't you tell... LOL

13. Pres100

Pres100

"Should hold up" is not very confidence inspiring