This doesn't look good. new 284 Winchester brass

Discussion in 'Big Stuff -- 6.5mm, 7mm, 30 Cal' started by Bginvestor, Nov 7, 2018.

1. jpx2rk

jpx2rk

A couple years ago I got some bad 204R Winchester brass. Had poorly formed shoulders on 50% of the cases.

Bginvestor likes this.
  2. Lefty Trigger

Lefty Trigger Silver $$ Contributor

Wish Remington would get back to making brass, really good affordable "general purpose" brass.

3. Bginvestor

Bginvestor Silver $$ Contributor

They don’t make it like they used to!

4. Sniper338

Sniper338

Ive seen lots of different issues with winchester brass. It it aint one thing its another.

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Silver $$ Contributor

I looked at a bag o winchester 284 brass at local Cabelas and could not believe what the primer holes looked like. Yikes! I bought several boxes of Norma from Bullets before they shut down.

6. Geno C

Geno C

Any word on if anyone is going to pick up selling the Norma 284 brass? I saw someone is selling their dasher brass now

7. wholmes

wholmes

Never thought I would comment about my experience with Win brass but here goes--- numerous double punched flash holes, figure eight holes, eccentric holes not even close to center, many new bags of 300wm, 50 percent set aside because of irregularity's. I'm so disappointed with Win brass I won't recommend them to anyone.

8. Tuxedo007

Tuxedo007

Unfortunately, this has become the norm rather than the exception! OLIN has outsourced their brass production & obviously, their quality assurance. Since Remington is now part of a holding company(Vista outdoors, I think) we'll never have their brass available unless you buy loaded ammo & shoot it to get the brass!! That would make the brass UNAFFORDABLE!!! Maybe a good headstamp……?