think it's time for a coaxial rest

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by chet, May 14, 2018.

1. chet

chet

i am thinking about a coaxial front rest, i see there are a few to choose from, i see the caldwell type, are these anywhere near as smooth to move around as the others, what arsome of the more popular coaxial readily available.

Chet

2. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I have had a few and have settled on the Seb Max for my needs. It has an adjustable top and i have a few different width stocks.

Regards
    Rick

3. LHSmith

LHSmith

Caldwell is absolute bottom of barrel. It is not designed for longevity or smoothness-poor materials used in construction. I always recommend getting a Shadetree top and a decent adjustable base (Sinclair, Bald eagle, Hart) for those not sure if they will like a coax. You can always upgrade and recoup most of your money from selling the above set-up.

nmkid likes this.
  4. Ringostar

Ringostar

Will this be for bench or ground use? SEB max, neo and mini. Farley and Shadetree. I would look at the SEB mini.

Damfino likes this.
  5. chet

chet

sir

this will be used for bench only

6. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

The only one I've ever used is a Farley and it is sweet. According to those in the know, the SEB is supposed to be the best, but there are many successful BR shooters that use the Farley. It's not as pretty as a SEB, but it works very well.

7. JimPag

JimPag Silver $$ Contributor

Chet. If your on a budget, do like Lamar Smith said, but if money is no object, get a Seb Neo or one of the new Lenzi rests, or a Farley. I buy and sell BR equipment as a side hobby and I've owned about 20 joystick rests. The Neo's hold their value and often you can make a few more bucks than you paid for it. The Farley's don't hold their value like a Neo and there are a few replacement upgraded stuff that I would buy like the tension screws from Butch Lambert and replace the stock Farley bag because it absolutely sucks. The new Lenzi rests are $1700.00 a pop and I have one on order so I can't tell you how they perform, but I have a friend in Canada who has one and he said that they are slickest front rest out there, in fact his friend had a Neo on order and when he took a look at it he cancelled his order and ordered a Lenzi. IMO there is no clear advantage as far as winning goes from a Farley, Seb Coax, or a Neo. I've used all 3 in about 90 matches and had had my ass kicked and done well with all 3. I like the NEO the best so far out of those 3 that I had because there is more vertical and horizonal adjustment in the NEO than the Farley or Seb Coax.

8. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I have owned a few Farley's a have used the SEB neo and max. I went through my Farley to get it as smooth as possible. And I was very pleased with it. The Seb was better out of the box for pure smoothness.

9. Damfino

Damfino Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure it qualifies as "readily available," but, just for the performance, value, looks, convenience, and the sheer craftsmanship, the SEB-Mini is worth the wait, investment, and something you might consider. IMG_2011.jpg

mikeinct likes this.