Texas Fly Shoot July 7

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by mikecockcroft, May 16, 2018.

1. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft Silver $$ Contributor

Next Texas 500 meter Fly Shoot will be July 7, 2018 at Pine Valley in Huntsville TX

Rushty likes this.
  2. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

Will the range AC be operational by then?

Looking forward to it. Thanks!!

KMart likes this.
  3. mikecockcroft

I predict 65 degrees and no humidity. Slight mirage after 3pm

4. mikecockcroft

registration form attached

Attached Files:

5. mikecockcroft

match 3 of the 4 for the 2018 season
    Summer time is Fly Season in Texas

6. mikecockcroft

range will be open Friday before the match to sight in and set flags

7. Darrel Martin

Darrel Martin Gold $$ Contributor

Shoot flies or catch yellow fin tuna ?? It's tough to make those kind of choices, but a four day trip on a friends 70 footer out where it's 6000 feet deep --- well, I can resist anything but that kind of temptation so I am going to play hooky on this one.Every time I look at myself in a mirror, I ask , "what kind of a guy doesn't show up when his friends are shooting flies?"Deplorable ,just deplorable.I guess that's the type of guy the democrats were talking about.

Judd, comagutsa and AlloyTargets like this.
  8. Bell

Bell

Good luck texan's, hope you have a great shoot.
    Regards,
    Belly

9. Judd

Judd

Well Darrel, have fun on the fishing trip. Look at it this way you could still be unpacking boxes ;) I’m not whining about the move, just nature of doing it and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I am whining about you getting to go on a fish catching trip...have fun and be careful.

10. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

Judd & Darrel, you guys missed a fun one. Pine Valley did not play nice. There was a bit of everything- heat, mirage, winds that couldn’t decide what they wanted to do (I think I saw everything from 3 to 9), cloud cover, and finally, a thunderstorm. Yep, we got to shoot in the pouring rain! It was a heck of a test. Congrats to the winners and thanks to Mike, Justin & the gang for hosting & feeding us.

Larry Klutts likes this.
  11. sdeal5

sdeal5 Gold $$ Contributor

Kudos to Mike and his bunch for another great shoot. Also, hats off to Larry Klutts who shot a tremendous score in some crazy conditions. Hope his score holds up against the Aussies. Looking forward to Sept. shoot.

12. Larry Klutts

Larry Klutts Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks sd, and a big shout out to Gordon Coneley for that fine group he posted.
    Great shoot despite the weather, maybe we'll get a break this September.

Larry

AlloyTargets likes this.
  13. mikecockcroft

Attaching results for the july 500m Fly Shoot.

I have to admit I had several brain farts during the day not to mention staring the match without putting new targets on the backers. Not one of my finest days I admit.
    Also attached are the Shooter of the Year standings after 3 matches. Next Fly Shoot is September 15.

Larry Klutts winning score was 252.02 which is the highest score to date for our Fly Shoots.

Want to thank Ed Bernabeo for being the true sportsman that he is. He is one of the finest shots out there but his true qualities showed thru Saturday. Want him to know I appreciate his actions and attitude at the match concerning one of his target scores.

Attached Files:

comagutsa, Rushty and AlloyTargets like this.
  14. Bell

Bell

G'day Mike,
    Well...sorry to say that Larry's 252.02 wasn't quite good enough to best the Aussies as our last shoot at Batemans Bay had 7 shooters topping the 250 mark; Grant Groves won the day with a 256.04.... We didn't shoot in a thunderstorm though!

What I can say & I'm sure I can speak for all Aussie Fly Shooters is that it's really fantastic you guys are shooting the Fly, shooting it well & enjoying it!!
    Bear in mind our shoots draw participants from all over the country & we shoot a genuine season of registered matches at 6 ranges ( 5 east coast, 1 west coast). You guys are basically members of 1 club. It's awesome you're doing as well as you are!

Commiserations to Ed...2 shots through the one hole does happen & it sucks a bit when it can't be measured!!

All the best for your next shoot.

Belly

I

comagutsa likes this.
  15. mikecockcroft

Thanks for the bad news!!
    One more chance this year to beat you blokes. We shoot again September 15
    I sent scores to Anthony, we will combine the two shoots and we will see how we did overall

comagutsa likes this.