Texas 500M Fly Shoots 2019

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by mikecockcroft, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

I have four AR500 plates that are 4 ft square. There are 3 target carriers with 6 targets frames on each one. Each carrier has a 4x4 plate on each end. Shooters get to sight in for 10 minutes immediately before their first relay in light gun and heavy gun.
    We shoot light gun and heavy gun in one day so it makes for a long and fast paced day. Shooting an extra target at the beginning caused us to have problems when the third and fourth relay which would be the first light gun target can not see bullet holes due to mirage and could not get sighted in.

2. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Dates for all four 500M Fly Shoots at Pine Valley in Huntsville, TX
    March 9
    May 4
    July 20
    Sept 21

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Dave Sog and comagutsa like this.
  3. comagutsa

comagutsa

We just had our 1st registered shoot in Perth Western Australia and we couldn't see our holes from 1st detail at 8am.. Did LG and HG in the 1 day.. Was also 38c/100f with tricky winds . Was a great day and ya just hoped ya got lucky

4. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Sounds like all our shoots!! We can generally see bullet holes for the first and maybe second relay. After that it depends on cloud cover and wind to clear the mirage for brief views of the bullet holes.

comagutsa likes this.
  5. chappo555

chappo555

Whats are these wild allegations about us Aussies not drinking on our fly weekends? As Ken will tell you the right amount the night before is a "group tightener".
    Half the bloody reason i travel to these shoots is to enjoy a wee nip or two with the boys!

comagutsa and blowemup like this.
  6. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

we are going to mop the floor with you and your boozed up no shootin mates:D

comagutsa likes this.
  7. chappo555

chappo555

Hi Mike. On a serious note i am starting to compile an equipment list for competitors this year. I also have an updated excel scoring program. Happy to send either or both if u like.

Cheers
    Chappo

8. farmerjohn

farmerjohn Gold $$ Contributor

Are shooters allowed to set out wind flags?

9. Kyle Schultz

Kyle Schultz Gold $$ Contributor

Yes.

10. farmerjohn

farmerjohn Gold $$ Contributor

Thank you sir, sounds like if the political bunch manages to screw up our 600yd shooting we can come to Texas....

Dave Sog and Field & Cave like this.
  11. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Chappo
    I would appreciate both
    Mike

12. duke260

duke260

Is it to late to enter? If not, who do I need to speak with?

13. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Mike Cockcroft
    Pm sent with my phone number

14. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Watching the weather. Will decide Wednesday morning if shoot will go on or cancel. Range is already a muddy mess and new forecast shows 30% Thursday and Friday and 70% Saturday.
    Range will be open Friday after 10.
    Bring your own food and drinks both days.

15. JoeDuke

JoeDuke Silver $$ Contributor

Looking forward to shooting at Pine Valley. Rain, mud, shooting, beating up on Aussies. What's not to like? Get er dun!

comagutsa and blowemup like this.
  16. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Fly Shoot for this Saturday, March 9 has been cancelled due to expected weather and conditions at range.
    Will reschedule after checking other Texas range schedules and Aussie match schedule.
    I have not cashed any checks that have been received. Let me know what you want me to do with your entry fee. Can hold for another match or shred.
    Hope this 5 months of rain hasn't affected your businesses as much as it has mine!!!!
    Mike

comagutsa likes this.