Teslong bore scope

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Larryh128, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Larryh128

Larryh128

I recently read a thread on another site about the Teslong bore scope available on Amazon for the princely sum of $49.99. It was getting rave reviews from people who had used 1. Well, I had some points to burn so Amazon got them and I got a cheap borescope. It DOES NOT have a viewer, it need to be viewed on a laptop, Ipad or smart phone. Very simple to use and instructions for mant different devices. Basically plug it into a USB port and open up the camera.

I was amazed last might as I used it on a used barrel, the clarity is amazing for $50. Very nice addition that I really didn't need but now I will be able check throats. Also checked my crown inside out. Picks up the tiniest piece of patch lint. The focal point is definitely correct.

2. Danoh

Danoh Gold $$ Contributor

Glad I saw this post, I just received a $50 Amazon gift card and wondered what to do with it. My 1st generation Lyman borescope is about worn out.

3. Larryh128

Larryh128

From the pics I've seen from the Lyman cam, this 1 looks better to me. Good definition.

4. Straightshooter1

Straightshooter1 Gold $$ Contributor

Yes the clarity/definition is surprisingly good. . . . particularly for one at this price point. The Teslong scope I have from before wouldn't fit into my .22LR's, so I got this one, which fits well. It's much better than and Teslong's older more expensive scope. I just wonder it it'll hold up over time. . . .???

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTQF24F/?tag=accuratescom-20

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  5. Danoh

One nice thing is that it looks like the mirror end can be replaced if need be, not so on the Lyman.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  6. Dud

Dud

Would anyone care to paste a link?

Straightshooter1 likes this.
  7. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

8. Larryh128

Larryh128

The word was that the guys who produce it weren't shooters and once they were told what the focal length needed to be it was corrected.

9. Danoh

Got mine today. Works great on my desktop, better clarity than my (admittedly old and worn) Lyman.
    Kinda bummed it won’t work with my IPhone, but great for the price!
    Thanks Larry!

steve s, Rogmay and dmoran like this.
  10. Larryh128

Larryh128

Glad I could pass it along.

11. MTmagazine

MTmagazine Gold $$ Contributor

I picked one up about a month ago. Plugged into my Mac laptop and ta-da, instant clear and very detailed image. Like above posters have said...for $50, it was a great buy.
    Chris

12. atblis

atblis

The "camera" app built in to Windows 10 works fantastically and easily lets you take pictures or record movies.

13. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

I’ll pick one up once they make it Bluetooth capable, which I hear they are working on

14. Danoh

Very happy with my purchase. Found it works on my company-issued laptop as well. Really wasn’t feasible to do my gun cleaning where my desktop computer is located. Now I can use my laptop in my gun room. Nice color rendition, first photo is my Ruger .45 ACP. Copper shows up clearly. Yep, needs cleaning. Second photo is carbon in chamber of a Ruger Mark III .22 lr
    Bear in mind these pics are a cell phone picture of my laptop screen, looks even better in person.

2B47B218-D4FD-4AD0-93B1-D5A363307BE7.jpeg 7EA5393E-F748-41DB-BA61-F957F91141DD.jpeg

15. Larryh128

Larryh128

Well that explains what carbon looks like. Thanks.

Forum Boss: Actually, as that is a .22 LR, that might also be composed, in part of the Wax that goes on the outside of match bullets, and some of the lead in the bullet.

One reason that Rimfire barrels shoot accurately so long is the wax on the bullets. Rimfire barrels definitely do "season" after time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019
  16. Danoh

Thank you for your original post about this.

17. Larryh128

Larryh128

Happy to pass along info about good products. It's been an eye opener for me as far as barrel cleaning. I know it will be a plus.

18. Ggmac

Ggmac Gold $$ Contributor

Very good and easy to use . One of the best camera style bore scopes

teele1 and joshb like this.
  19. senderoll

senderoll Gold $$ Contributor

I used the link above and it said unavailable. What one are you using? Thanks

20. Danoh

That's the link I used to buy mine, glad I got mine when I did.
    You can try this: https://www.teslong.com/catalog-c/rifle-bore-scope
    They ask for your email address though.