Target camera systems

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by JDBraddy, May 10, 2018.

1. JDBraddy

JDBraddy Silver $$ Contributor

I'm in the market and was looking for a target camera system, like those from Caldwell and Bullseye. Both have been out for a while now, wanted imput from owners/users what they like, don't like, and what to consider or be aware of before buying one.
    Thanks.

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

I love my long range ammocam bullseye. I love the last shot indication

Mulligan likes this.
  3. walker2713

walker2713 Gold $$ Contributor

A couple of months ago I bought a Caldwell through Amazon. I found that it was a real nuisance setting up and arranging the two "stands." Having the receiving stand next to me was a nuisance when other people were shooting at the range in close proximity. I sent it back to Amazon and decided to wait.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw Midway offered the long range Bullseye unit for $400 so I ordered one. I've used it twice and plan to continue with it. Setting it up and initializing the units was much simpler and I like the added feature that it shows your most recent shot by having it distinctly flash....it really stand out.

I need to spend more time understanding the software and how to use it, but overall I"m very satisfied with it.

George

vahena likes this.
  4. vahena

vahena Bob Schultz Gold $$ Contributor

#1 on the above also.
    Rob

5. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

I am in the market for one but, It is super inconvenient to set it up on the hill where my
    longest targets are. Plus the rancher is irrigating fields and it's a 'no bueno" to drive through
    the fields. I'm trying to get Bullseye or someone to make a camera I could attach to my spotting scope set
    300 to 500 yards away. I would make life much simpler. I know I'm not the only one whose run
    into this situation. Any ideas?

6. JDBraddy

They make all sort of camera T-adaptors that allow you to adapt web-cams or even cell phone cameras to spotting scopes. I have one for my cell phone and it works great allowing me to take still images and HD video through my spotting scope. Might work for you if you can figure out how to operate the camera remotely. The only limit is the camera and the scope, have used mine to 600yds, but mirage becomes a problem quickly in Texas.

7. JDBraddy

8. JDBraddy

Have also seen people using airial drones with cameras, simply fly the drone out and land it near the target, use the drone camera to view the target, then fly it back when you are done.

9. moondog

Buddy has the drone, Really can't stream video with the phone. I would do the 2 mile camera system in a heartbeat IF i could hook it up to a spotter

10. moondog

Here is my LONG targets 1365 out to 2650
    you can kinda get an idea of my dilemma.
    Not easy to get to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2018