Surgical masks

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by 30EX, Apr 3, 2020.

1. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

Has anyone bought any and what did you pay?

The X-Man

2. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

Got some at the start of this mess and paid a buck a piece shipped,,

Regards
    Rick

3. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

I was able to buy some, but had to buy 4000 to get a $2.00 ea price

4. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow Gold $$ Contributor

What’s wrong with wearing a bandana?

5. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

I work in a place where it's just not going to happen unless the world runs out, it might be ok for just walking around but in my working environment, (nursing home), another facility was just put on lockdown because 100% of staff was positive, the State has taken over control of all them, we must use the guidelines

6. MikeT49

MikeT49 Gold $$ Contributor

If you are anally into hunting scent control you might have some scent control breath masks, with the absorbing carbon particles embedded in the fabric.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

There is 175 staff members and we have to all use the same mask, thing is the State says here are masks and here is the bill

8. dannyjbiggs

dannyjbiggs

About mid-March, I was in Lowes and sorta weakly on notice of the virus, and also knowing that I was going to shortly have to "scalp" my Bermuda lawn and endure a hale of lawn dust in the process. I visited their mask/respirator bin. All that was there were two Pro Multi-Purpose Respirators w/drop down feature by 3M, and two 3-packs of N95 masks. I picked up everything, really not knowing much about the N95, they might have been around $7.00 each for the 3-pack. I think that I paid about $67.00 for everything.

Right now, the N95's are all in the locked gun safe...moved some F-Open rifles out to make room...and the wife and I are rotating armed guard shifts on a 24-hour basis:rolleyes:.

Dan

9. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

I checked the prices on the masks we got and they run $80.00 for a box of 300, but as you know you can't get them, so its supply and demand again, do the math, that box cost me $600.00 now, maybe next week that will be a bargain

10. MikeT49

MikeT49 Gold $$ Contributor

i was writing my post when you posted. Did not realize you needed mass quantities to perform your job. My suggestion was for individual personal use.

11. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

Trying to get some for a few folks. $36 for 50, then $55 for 100.

12. Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas Gold $$ Contributor

My sister is going to make me some M95 types. I have flannel that I bought ages ago for polishing paint. She has elastic and a computer controlled sewing machine. May make some for coworkers. I’m a plumber. Construction, so about 80% of the houses are not lived in. It amazes me that people still want a stranger in their house for trivial things like adjusting a stopper in one out of ten sinks.

joshb likes this.
  13. jwink

jwink

As I was diagnosed with throat cancer last March and was given a trache to breathe
    thru, I, under doctors suggestion, because I'm in metal fabrication, purchased a couple boxes of the surgical masks, 50 count @ $17 a box. Sure am glad I have them now. I use them mostly to keep crap out of my lungs during grinding and sanding operations, if it also keeps nasty viruses out, so much the better.

USMCDOC likes this.
  14. skeeljc

skeeljc Silver $$ Contributor

There are lots of YouTube videos on how to make masks. You can make an effective mask out of two sheets of paper towel, two rubber bands and a stapler. Quick, easy and disposable.

joshb likes this.