Stocky's new stock

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by nmkid, Jan 8, 2018.

1. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Stocky's new M50 Remington has some nice features. Any out in the field yet? Sorry don't know how to link.

2. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure about the M50, but I do have the CAT 700 which is the sporter style all carbon stock also made by AG Composites and sold at Stockys.
    As far as the AG carbon stocks go, they are excellent quality, good Delerator butt pads, and unbelievably strong and lightweight. My 700 Long Action CAT 700 weighed in at only 22 oz. before bedding was added and it's bomb proof!

The textured finish is starting to rub off after being carried on a sling the last 2 hunting seasons. Bit everything else on the stock is solid. I would perhaps recommend clear coating the finsh to avoid this. This reminds me that I need to call AG Composites to see if they'll refinish my CAT 700...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

So I just got off the phone with the owner of AG Composites, "Dave", and can now vouch for their excellent customer service.

Told him about the issue i was having with the CAT 700 finish rubbing off after 2 years of use in the field. He immediately told me to send it in and they would re-paint it free of charge!!! No questions asked!!!

I asked him about clear coating the stock to help resist wear. He said since my stock was purchased when the AG carbon 700 stocks first hit the market in 2016, they have since added some different hardeners and chemicals to the paint to help resist wear.

Top notch customer service! Love a company that stands behind their product without question! I definitely will be buying AG stocks again in the future :)

USMCDOC likes this.