Stock suggestions

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by lacajun, Nov 11, 2017.

1. lacajun

lacajun

Having a 700 re-barreled 6.5 CM Remington varmint taper. I am looking to buy a stock tying to decide between HS precision or Grayboe and suggestions on why one would be better than the other.

2. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Silver $$ Contributor

I've owned and sold a number of stocks including chassis, shooting Ftr and tactical matches. Long story short, I settled on the Manners T4 style for everything to facilitate consistency. After a sub par Fclass season I scrapped a custom stock for another Choate Tac, and immediately my shooting improved to what I expected. Now I have 3 Choates that cost less than my single Manners. Sure its not as pretty but the ergonomics, for end rigidity for bipod, and fit for me are just as good. After trying a number of more expensive and different styles, I will be hard pressed to switch. Much of this choice depends on the style that fits you and your shooting format.

3. lacajun

lacajun

interesting

4. 370bc

370bc

At this time of year, (Like myself & closer to the shots show) I am going to wait for the shot show's new releases to come out. I have a Tikka T3x that I need to restocked. Manners, Like Grayboe, will be debuting new models the are less $$ and are made especially for the tikka T3x.
    If you can wait, I would if i were you. You might find something for your rem 700 that you haven't seen yet and will like. Good luck!

5. Hrsmn51

Hrsmn51 Silver $$ Contributor

I have 3 Grayboe stocks for R700. Bought the last one from Taylor Precision with adjustable cheek. That are a nice affordable stock and are readily available.
    H

6. Sniper338

Sniper338 Silver $$ Contributor

I still like the looks of that newer stockys came out with. hard to beat for the price. I run manners mostly. but they are pricy.

nmkid likes this.
  7. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

My favorite stocks are mcmillan, look at the game warden, remington hunter, or A3 for that barrel size.

8. jbmarshtx

jbmarshtx

I think part of it depends on what combo height, stock geometry, and weight in addition to the price. On a short action remington at one time or another, I've had a McM hunter's edge, Game Scout, hs Precision, Manners EH3, and I have a Grayboe terrain now. They have all been nice stocks, but I like the comb height and drop at the pad of the Grayboe. It is a slightly heavier stock that the McM or Manners. It is very similar shape to the Manners EH2, and I think that the comb height is higher than most of the McM stocks.

For the money, I think that the Grayboe is tough to beat. I do not use the various flush cups on the stock and may end up removing them and epoxying the holes and repainting as a bit of a project. I have a #3 contour barrel in it. I bought a couple of stocks from Redhawk rifles, and bullets.com usually has some basic manners stocks on hand.

krumfola likes this.
  9. deebaines

deebaines

very actual!

10. Dos XX

Dos XX Russell Myers Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome to the forum deebaines. What kind of shooting do you do?

11. seymour fish

seymour fish

Shooting his vapid post count to da moon, so ELR ?