Source Anschutz Rail or Picatinny to Anschutz Adapter

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Papa Charlie, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:15 AM.

1. Papa Charlie

Papa Charlie Gold $$ Contributor

I want to be able to mount a bipod that uses a Anschutz rail system to a rail that is Picatinny style.

Does anyone know of an adapter that allows this conversion? This would allow me to maintain my Picatinny rail on the rifle and have the option to mount other supports easily.

As an alternative, not first choice, an Anschutz rail that is anodized black. The rest of my rifle is black and I would prefer to maintain the look.

I know that if either of these options exists, someone here will know where to get it.

Thanks all for you help.
    Patrick

2. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I've never seen a mount to go from Picatinny to Anschutz rail. I'm not saying they aren't out there, I've just never seen one. I was sitting here thinking how to go about such a task. Maybe a couple scope rings milled off for the clamps, screw a piece of rail on it? Wouldn't be pretty but might work. Or, find a 3D printer and have one made?

3. natdscott

natdscott P100, HM, DR, experienced beginner. Gold $$ Contributor

4. Medic505

natdscott likes this.
  5. natdscott

natdscott P100, HM, DR, experienced beginner. Gold $$ Contributor

Hahaha!! I earned that. See there, always drink coffee BEFORE picking up the keyboard.

In my defense, Hacksaw Ridge was on last night, so I watched it...late.

6. Medic505

The ONLY thing I do pre coffee is start reading the paper. Coffee in hand. I'm usually with it by the time I get to the funnys. About the only thing worth reading in the newspaper anymore.

foxguy, natdscott and Ggmac like this.
  7. Damfino

Damfino Gold $$ Contributor

For your alternative choice, you might check with McMillan. I've gotten a couple of black anodized Anschutz rails directly from them.

foxguy likes this.
  8. praveen

praveen Gold $$ Contributor

Which bipod are you using? I use Evo (tier one/osprey rifles) and had a similar problem. They make a quick disconnect adapter for Picatinny that I use now but yeah it is a bipod specific solution.

9. Papa Charlie

Duplin Rorer

10. praveen

praveen Gold $$ Contributor

orbitup likes this.
  11. Papa Charlie

Thank you. Wonder if they used one or two and if they had to drill the Duplin Rorer Anschutz bar? I sent them a not to try and get some more information.

12. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

13. Papa Charlie

Thank you.

Both the American Defense and the LaRue have a .380" wide channel and are about 1.6" long, no doubt a Mil-Spec.

I have my replacement Duplin Rorer is on order and should be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I don't remember how long or wide the Anschutz rail is on it so will have to do some measurements when it comes in. I doubt that I will be able to adapt a QD without doing some drilling to the Anschutz rail which I was hoping to avoid.

In the end, I may be stuck using the Anschutz rail system which requires carrying an allen wrench with me and then adding a adapter Picatinny rail adapter to the Anschutz to accept tradition bipod.

Thanks again eveyone for you input.

14. Papa Charlie

I pulled the trigger on this adapter that Brownell offers for eh Sinclair F-Class Bipod. They have told me in the past that it isn't made for the Duplin Rorer but after getting the dimensions, I think I can make this work. It would replace the existing mount that is there now. I will probably have to install a bushing in the hole and may have to add some flat washer bushings to fill the gap.

Worst thing that can happen is I have to return it.

The hole is 0.375" diameter, the height is 1.490" and the depth is 0.995".

Adapter.JPG

Attached Files: