SOLD Cedar Benchrest Stock - Bedded For Turbo V1

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by JohnW...ski, Jan 19, 2020.

Tags:
Trader History (4)
  1. JohnW...ski

JohnW...ski

I built this stock as a prototype to see if everything would work before building a lacewood stock shown elsewhere in this forum. The wood is cedar with mahogany butt, interior sections are hollow, the rough stock was split horizontally in two places and laminated with fiberglass cloth. It weighs in at about 1-3/4 lbs. and is pillar bedded for a Turbo V1 action, it is ready to accept a BAT aluminum trigger guard, (not included). The stock has been finished with approximately 15 coats of automotive clear coat, wet sanded, polished and waxed. The forarm is 2-3/4 inches wide length of pull is about 13-1/4. It is ready to go.

This stock is not perfect finish wise, there are a few small voids, see pictures. The fiberglass that shows is not a pretty as carbon fiber, otherwise it is a nice light stock that is straight and should track well. A good deal for $130 shipped CONUS.

Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020 (1).JPG Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020 (2).JPG Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020 (3).JPG Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020 (4).JPG Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020  (5).JPG

2. JohnW...ski

JohnW...ski

This is the worst imperfection mentioned in the above thread. It looks worse here than it actually is.

Cedar Benchrest Rifle Stock, finished, Jan. 11, 2020  (6).JPG

3. SilhouetteShooter

SilhouetteShooter Silver $$ Contributor

4. jcm24m

jcm24m Silver $$ Contributor

If this will also fit a TURBO V-2, I will take it.

5. JohnW...ski

JohnW...ski

I just checked my V2 and the hole spacing is the same. The diameter of the action is the same. You might check with DeOrio Mfg.

6. jcm24m

I will take this stock since you say these measurements are the same for a V-2 for $130.00 shipped to IOWA. PM me with payment instructions. JCM24M

7. JohnW...ski

JohnW...ski

I'll check with DeOrio in the morning.
    Looks like jcm24m will get this stock.
    Thanks,
    John

8. JohnW...ski

JohnW...ski

Stock SOLD to jcm24m

9. jcm24m

I just received this stock and it is BEAUTIFUL. Fits the TURBO action just like it should.. If he ever offers another one, do not hesitate to purchase it. THANK YOU to JohnW...ski