Sleeping Giant brass ?

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by DogBuster, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DogBuster

DogBuster Silver $$ Contributor

CooperNV and varmintshooter like this.
  2. ab_bentley

ab_bentley I fix stuff, sometimes.... Silver $$ Contributor

You'll probably have to turn necks. Just because it has a .232 OD doesn't mean it's .203 ID.

3. Phil

Phil

Interesting.........

4. pacificman

pacificman

I'll bet your right! I have to turn mine for at least 12thou to fit. For all that work seems the price is a steal.:D

5. Prose

Prose

I have used his 221, 20 VT, and 17FB Brass. Comes exceptionally clean and uniform. Trim lengths are perfect. Necks are too thick unless you have a commercial chamber but you know that already. He can trim to custom lengths or custom size if you request it. Best part is you can get same year LC brass which really helps shrink the groups. He also anneals all cases after sizing with an annealeaz. It's the closest thing there is to "ready to load" for the VT. I've compared his brass side by side to high plains and his gets the nod for consistency.

I follow him on Facebook, he generally has some sort of estate sale product going as a fire sale. He also ships very quickly. Usually have the package here in Fargo by the next morning.

6. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Site $$ Sponsor

I might have to get some of this for my 20 Practical.

7. varmintshooter

varmintshooter Silver $$ Contributor

I wouldn't want to form it for that price that's for sure. I turn mine to 12 thou for a .232 chamber

8. ebb

ebb

He has every thing!!! thanks for the link

9. Sleepinggiantbrass

Sleepinggiantbrass

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the business!

10. bloc

bloc

That is a wonderful resource.

But alas, I do not see .225 Win brass. I know you can form .30-30 brass into it, but the thickness of the low-pressure .30-30 brass is not comparable to the high-pressure .225 brass. Nor are the rim diameters equivalent: .506 for the .30-30 vs .473 for the .225.

(Many thanks to the poster who pointed this out to me.)

11. Termite I

Termite I Gold $$ Contributor

Great inventory and selection of hard to find calibers, price and shipping. I've ordered several times and never had a problem.

12. ebb

ebb

Bloc I worked with a guy back in the late 70s that had a 225, they couldn't find ammo back then. Either make it or rebarrel. I don't think you have a choice. How much brass do you have?

13. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

225 brass for sale in the reloading tools classifeds here

14. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I just got some large brass from you. Im sure your most expensive. Will be getting more if they work out thank you