sightron s tac 4-20×50

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by 6br shooter, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 6br shooter

6br shooter Silver $$ Contributor

any body have one of these or know how they are?

2. mysticplayer

mysticplayer

Just got my first shipment and had a look. AWESOME. Very simiar to SIII glass which is to say crisp and clear. Compares very well with scopes costing many times more.

Lots of mechanical travel. Turret clicks are very clear and precise with a nice feel. Side focus is a bit stiff but will not move under recoil. like the SIII, very easy to get a great reticle AND image focus.

have not shot with one yet but past experience with the STACs show dead reliable tracking.

For the money, I can't see anything on the market offering as much.

The 3-16X42 is also a gem and for those who want a smaller profile WITH fantastic LR glass. have a look. At 3x, I can see from 20ft to many hundred yards. For a predator, bush to clear cut type scope, this is definitely a scope you want to look at.

Very impressed.

Jerry

3. redrockranger

redrockranger Silver $$ Contributor

Do you have a 4 x 20 s tac ? They seem to discounted compared to the 3 x 14 x 42. If you do how about an evaluation.

4. wedgy

wedgy Silver $$ Contributor

5. Geno C

Geno C

6. ericbc7

ericbc7

How does the S-Tac 4-20x50 compare to the S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56 ? Aside from the illumination - are these in the same series/group?

7. mysticplayer

mysticplayer

http://mysticprecision.com/2016/04/...and-3-16x42-performancevalue-out-of-the-park/

Here is my review of these scopes. I do not think Sightron uses "ED" glass per se... they have their own proprietory lense and coating combo.

The STAC glass is very good but just a hint behind the SIII of similar mag. Will still compete optically with many big name brand scopes but at a price is that is almost too good to be true.

Look forward to shooting some when I get caught up with the backorders

Jerry

8. 6br shooter

6br shooter Silver $$ Contributor

That's great. I'm gonna order the 4-20 with the dot reticle.

9. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

I just received one (MOA reticle) in my shop today. First impressions are very positive - build quality seems very good, glass is very clear with good transmission qualities and the controls have very good feel to them. Looks like an outstanding value. It's going on a 6 Dasher this weekend for a thorough testing. I have several SIIIs and they've all tracked flawlessly, so expectations are high.