Sightron or Leupold

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Mark McMahon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Silver $$ Contributor

Looking at the Sightron Slll 6-24 and the Leupold Vx3i 8.5-25, at the high end of the magnification, who has the clearest glass?

2. varget204

varget204

I'd get a Sightron III 8-32 x 56

Don, McGraw and Raythemanroe like this.
  3. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

They both have clear glass.Unless you can get behind both to take a look for yourself you have a 50/50 chance of getting the scope that will seem brightest to your eyes.

4. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

I own both the Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x50 LR and SIII 6-24x50. Both so close I cannot say which is better Optically. I've had the Leupold longer and can say it's all but bulletproof. Still tracks flawlessly. My SIII's are top notch as well. I'd say but which offers the best value(cheapest). Today it typically is the Sightron scope.

varget204 and McGraw like this.
  5. rebs

rebs Silver $$ Contributor

I have the sightron SS III 8-32 and it is fantastic scope. I also have other Leupold scopes and would definitely buy another sightron.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 6:49 AM
    varget204, McGraw and 284winner like this.
  6. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

I have had Leupold VXIII's, Sightron SIII's and I have more than a few reasons why I like the Sightron better..

Ray

284winner, varget204 and McGraw like this.
  7. ranger3

ranger3 Silver $$ Contributor

I have both and my nod goes to Sightron, Nothing wrong with the Leupold but Sightron for me has clearer views, better tracking.

8. mike a

mike a Gold $$ Contributor

They're both good. Note, the Slll ffp reticle gets really small on low power. I couldn't see it with old eyes. If it matters to you. Mike

9. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure the speediness of getting to talk to a tech person would be my deciding factor. Both have good warranties. I always get to speak with a Leupold tech person but sometimes there's wait time. Never tried Sightron as they are newer to my lineup. Can't go wrong with either. Again, price will be different between the two however. Leupold has the roots that Sightron doesn't but that doesn't scare me into the Leupold corner at all these days.

Don and Mark McMahon like this.
  10. Don

Don Gold $$ Contributor

I made a switch to Sightron for my F/Class Rifle .
    Had Leupold and GE .
    Not looking back .

284winner likes this.
  11. fourpower

fourpower

I have had both but the last Leupold would not sight in! shot 1in 1/2 left ended moving dials 10 clicks to the right and it never moved until the 10 clicks were in and then and then it moved way to right. I sent the scope in 6 times and it never got fixed and they always said it was okay! bullshit! I took it back to store and got my first Sightron and man what a scope. I have since got 2 more of them and love there new zero stop. I live in Oregon but no more Leupolds for me!!!!

12. rebs

rebs Silver $$ Contributor

does anyone have the sightron 8 - 32 with fine cross hair and 0.125 dot ? Do you find the crosshair and dot too small target shooting from 100 to 300 yds ?