Sightron lll 10-50x60 VS Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x56

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by NDAR15MAN, Oct 3, 2018.

1. johara1

johara1

A longer eye relief is a plus for sure, they don't need rubber on the eye piece. The SV series is the cats ass if you can deal with the weight..... jim

Rogmay and BOB LEE SWAGGER like this.
  2. group therapy

group therapy Silver $$ Contributor

175$. Just ask them today

3. Rogmay

Rogmay Gold $$ Contributor

To the op’s original question, SIII vs GE, I do have both, as said above the SIII is the best bang for the buck, however I do feel the GE has a little nicer glass and the biggest advantage my son and I like is the extra magnification from the GE. Do either hold up against the NF comp in optics, No, but there’s a big price difference as well. That being said, I also own the new SVED 10-50, glass is right there with the comp and I like the positive clicks and side focus much better. Hope this helps!

4. johara1

johara1

The SVED 10-50x 60 is still cheaper than the NF comp. by $600 also.... jim

5. NDAR15MAN

NDAR15MAN

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if that xtra 10x power on the high side would make a difference. Sounds like it does on the VGE. Marty

Rogmay likes this.
  6. johara1

johara1

I don't know about that. I went to a a 600 yd. match and turned the 60 power down to 20 to set up and find the target and get lined up. Forgot about it and won the match..... maybe the power thing is over rated in never shot the GE. on 60 ever, 50-55 is max. Now you look at SV series on 50 and the WOW factor kicks in plus the long non fussy eye relied. The biggest factor is how you can see in heavy mirage with the SV over the GE or the NF. comp..... jim

7. Tarmacshooter

Tarmacshooter

I like my Sightron. I do not care for the turrets.

8. NDAR15MAN

NDAR15MAN

Tarmacshooter. you are correct the sightron turret are about the worse i have ever seen for a shooter to read and understand . i use a company that makes labels to put on the turrets and it is so much easier to read and understand. company called custom turrets out of UTAH . Great company to do business with . they have a great website. Marty

Tarmacshooter likes this.
  9. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

I have used the S3s and GE for a while from airrifle BR to where im now with CF rifles and for my eyes the S3 and the GE isnt the same class of scope. The SV is a different scope but the turrets, ret, mechanics, and optical quality of the GE is better than any S3 I have ever used. The S3 is a very good scope and for the money I doubt you will beat it but its not a "cheaper" GE

10. Mozella

Mozella

I own both of these scopes, on on an F-TR gun and the other on an F-Open gun. I consider the G.E. to be significantly better than my Sightron III. Of course, it cost more too, but I'm pretty sure my next scope will be a Golden Eagle because it's well worth the additional cost.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  11. NDAR15MAN

NDAR15MAN

Yep. I would like to buy one or look through one and see what they look like first hand. I am thinking about saleing one of my S3 to help fund it. Thanks for your review. Marty