Sig 2400 ABS problem

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by Walkabout, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Walkabout

Walkabout

I am having problems with my Sig 2400.
    The drops are way off compared to my kestrel and actuals.
    Can somebody tell me the answer to a few questions?
    Do you have to do the a Ballistic Calculation before you can use the Temp Table?
    If you can use the Temp Table WITHOUT Ballistic Calculation, do you input the Temperature of the Speed you zeroed with?
    I can't understand how if you don't use the Temp Table how the Sig can workout drops when there is nowhere to put in a Temperature for the muzzle velocity in section in the gun profile build section?

2. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

I will try my best to break this down for you:

1) They both use the same engine. So if the solutions are more than a click or so different than the solvers are not receiving the same inputs.
    2) No, you do not have to use the Ballistic Calibration to use the Temp Table. However some users prefer to do a MV Calibration to generate the input for the Temp Table based on real world shooting.
    3) You input the ambient air temp, and your MV.
    4) Temp Table inputs need to be 20-25 degrees F apart.

3. Walkabout

Walkabout

Hi Doc
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    One last thing.
    Does that mean I need to put the tempreture and speed that I zeroed with into the table for a reference?
    Can the table have just one entry?

Mark

4. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

No. The table needs at least 3 entries to work correctly.

5. TUFFLUCK

TUFFLUCK

Let's ignore the exterior ballistic solution discrepancy for now, in order to find the real problem.

Can you post screen shots from SK app, and pics of your Kestrel screen.

I'd take a focused look at Density Altitude, Inclination, & DOF/Azimuth to be specific.

Complete a calibration procedure prior to your pics.

Look forward to seeing your pics.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  6. Walkabout

Walkabout

Hi guys
    Thanks for your replies.
    I am going to just sell the Sig, it let me down really badly no matter what setttings I had in it this week at the Snipers Cup in the Czech Republic.
    Ended up using some dope from a US Ranger team.
    I wish Both Sig in their manual and the AB website, had proper instructions on the device.
    No mention of how to put in offsets for scope, is it + or - for left or up. Right or down.
    No mention of having to have a minium three Temp & Velocities in the temp table.
    No mention of having a 25-30 degree spacing.
    Plus other stuff, poor instructions for a device that's supposed to be soficicated.
    And I still can't see how a single muzzle velocity in the gun profile section without a place to put in the zeroing tempreture for that velocity, and you don't use the temp table, how can the sig work out drops at others temps when it doesn't have a base line?

7. boltfluter

boltfluter

Mine works just fine. I would re-read the instructions. A lot depends on how temp stable the powder is that you are shooting. I am using Varget so there isn't much change. But if I were running something like RL15 I would put at least 4 inputs in the calibration function. I agree that the instructions leave a lot to be desired. You might look on line for a video that may help. Good luck.

Paul

8. TUFFLUCK

TUFFLUCK

Before you sell...for your own satisfaction...

I would compare the Density Altitude, Inclination, & DOF/Azimuth from your SK2400AB app to what your Kestrel displays.

9. TUFFLUCK

TUFFLUCK

Before you sell...for your own satisfaction...

I would compare the Density Altitude, Inclination, & DOF/Azimuth from your SK2400AB app to what your Kestrel displays.

10. hawkeyeshoooer

hawkeyeshoooer

heat is the enemy of any piece of electronic gear. I wouldn't let my ammo cook in the sun let alone a 1300 dollar LRF.