Show me your reloading press quick change setups

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Ledd Slinger, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Lol :D

LHSmith likes this.
  2. John Valencic

John Valencic

3. Ledd Slinger

Very nice. I really like the blank plate and the storage rack. When i was about half way through the video, I was thinking "he should build a blank adapter plate to fill the opening when there's no press inserted..." Then walla! There it was! Got all the bases covered. Excellent work! :)

muleystalker likes this.
  4. Ledd Slinger

After weighing all the options, I decided I was gonna be lazy and didn't want to take all the time to get parts and build plates for all my presses. I know it's not that hard, but I always seem to have multiple things going on and just don't have a lot of spare time.

I slammed the gavel and closed the case with the Inline Fabrication system. Bottom line, they had eveything I needed to accomplish everything I wanted. And I found the prices to be VERY fair considering the quality of the components.

All the items I ordered:
    - 2 Flush mount quick change base plates.
    - 4 quick change top plates for my 4 presses.
    - 2 blank top plates to use for whatever I want in the future.
    - 2 double wall mount storage racks to store the 4 preses out of the way.
    - 1 turret tool head storage shelf.
    - 2 sets of wing nuts for attaching and removing presses quickly by hand.

I found the convenience of the Inline system hard to resist. The plates and shelves are made out of very heavy duty steel. Watched a bunch of videos and was pretty impressed. These guys have pretty much covered all the bases for quick changing presses. I think this will work out great for me.

Now I just need to do some nice remodeling work on the bench to make it match the benches I saw in "Better Homes and Gardens Magazine" before I install the new quick change system ;)

TerryH likes this.
  5. TerryH

TerryH Silver $$ Contributor

Hoping to be featured in "Better Gun Rooms and Ranges" myself.

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  6. Ledd Slinger

That's definitely got a better ring to it! :) Ya know, a magazine like that would probably actually do pretty well. Showcase different man caves, gun rooms, garage and shop workstation set ups, and shooting ranges. I think thats a winner! Who do we pitch this idea to???

TerryH likes this.
  7. TerryH

As long as I get my cut.... :D

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  8. Ledd Slinger

Well of course. You'd have to be the primary interior designer or it wouldn't work. People wouldn't even use the magazine to start a fire if they saw benches like mine in there. Lol.

TerryH likes this.
  9. TerryH

Hahahaha. I'm probably more like an inferior decorator. :D

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  10. Mastershot

Mastershot

Well here is mine, real easy to pull a press or remove the whole thing without any holes in the bench. I have the same setup for my vise and rcbs case trimers.

Attached Files:

thekriebles likes this.
  11. Ledd Slinger

I finally got around to installing my Inline Fabrication quick change setup. Thanks for eveyone's input. I really like the new quick change system :)

2018-02-26 19.48.45.jpg

2018-02-26 19.47.58.jpg

2018-02-26 19.50.38.jpg

2018-02-26 19.49.48.jpg

Defender 3, Cuando and TerryH like this.
  12. Cuando

Cuando Silver $$ Contributor

Pretty cool set up. I really like that there is somewhere to hang em when not in use.

13. Ledd Slinger

Yeah I thought the shelf setup from Inline Fab was pretty slick too :) I actually have another press shelf but haven't decided where I want to put it yet. It will be for the 2 presses on the bench when I don't want any presses up there. Might not use it at all tho cuz the new bench I built is really big. It's a full 4ft x 8ft with 1.5" thick top (two full size sheets of 3/4" plywood). I have a nice benchtop milling machine on the way that's going to sit directly across from the presses. Didn't trim the bench up all nice and neat like some of the other guys benches, but it's a work bench so it's main purpose is strength and stability. It definitely serves that purpose well. Could probably hold the weight of a dump truck ;)

TerryH likes this.
  14. Defender 3

Defender 3 Gold $$ Contributor

There are some great suggestions in the thread and thanks for including pictures!

I built my bench in October just before the election and stocked it anticipating a Hillary win and what it may do to the sport. I went with a Rockler T-Track, which works for me, but I may have taken a different tact not realizing the addictiveness reloading breeds or knowing the variety of mounting options.

The bench has only been this clean once, for this picture:
    [​IMG]

I was using a Forster, but just added a T-7 yesterday. I use the spare shelving as bases and just swap out what I need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Ledd Slinger likes this.
  15. TerryH

Better Rifles and Benches.

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  16. Ledd Slinger

Noticed the Northern tools adusable stools in Defender 3's pics :) I really like those stools. Definitely one of the nicest workshop stools I've ever sat on.

Thanks again for the tip on that one @TerryH ;)

'Freak, TerryH and Defender 3 like this.
  17. Defender 3

Defender 3 Gold $$ Contributor

I first saw them mentioned on another forum in a reloading bench picture thread and thought they'd be perfect for a bench at 38." IIRC, I bought two of them for $78 shipped. Heck, Northern has them on sale right now for $29.99.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200483867_200483867?cm_mmc=Bing-pla&utm_source=Bing_PLA&utm_medium=Automotive > Shop Seats + Stools&utm_campaign=Northern Tool&utm_content=20230&msclkid=ac9830f125841d590fa26a64417858ac

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    thekriebles, TerryH and Ledd Slinger like this.
  18. Ledd Slinger

Yeah that's what I paid for mine. Can't beat that stool for the money. Can't really beat it for a lot more money either :)

19. Wingzero

Wingzero

@ Ledd Slinger
    If you don't mind, can you tell me how you use the Forster Co-Ax for?

I want a Co-Ax but need some kind of justification before I take the plunge.
    Like you, I have a Redding T7, RCBS RC2, arbor press and Wilson Microadjust seater dies for rifles, Progressive press for pistols and a Lee challenger press mainly for depriming. TIA

20. group therapy

group therapy Silver $$ Contributor

me too :)