Should one chase the lands in a 6 BRA

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by jamesdmock, Sep 14, 2019.

1. johara1

johara1

James do you use a fan on your barrel while you shoot? do you shoot three 10 shot groups back to back ? or three relays ?...jim

2. jamesdmock

jamesdmock

No fan and we shoot 3 relays that are spaced apart. With the sighters (unlimited) we end up shooting about 40+ rounds for the match. Today, I decided to test my jump Vs jam that was caused by throat erosion. I loaded 10 rounds with both Bart's Hammer and his Gungnir. I jumped the Gungnirs .005 and loaded them with 30.6 gr. H4895. The first group from a cold barrel measured .192. Next I tried the Hammers with the same charge and they shot into .195. I shot the Gungnirs with .005 Jam and shot a disappointing .352. I went inside and loaded 3 more of the Gungnir load with .005 jump and shot them They went into one hole that measured ~.034". My old seating depth still works with this barrel. All groups were 3-shot and shot at 100 yards. Thanks to all for the suggestions and will try to steer Bart's great bullets better at our 600 yard match this Saturday. Good shooting....James Below is the 3-shot group that I said was ~.034. Not sure of the measurement since the target frame was leaning away and the bullets did not penetrate in a perpendicular fashion. I guess I need to build a new target frame.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    BartsBullets and Mark W like this.
  3. johara1

johara1

James, get a battery powered fan at Walmart and use it shooting and it will cut the heat and mirage.
    Then use it while your cleaning and it will cool the barrel better...... jim