Shilen DGV action ???

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by mikeinct, May 16, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

1. mikeinct

mikeinct

Anybody running one of these actions w Savage barrels & the nut system ? Did you use the Shilen trigger ? I understand it can fit in any Rem 700 or 40X stock...Please let me know how happy you are w this purchase...mike in Ct

2. Prose

Prose

They are very good. Has the floating bolt head like a savage but you can not change them out which is it's only negative. Mine has a calvin elite. They will take any rem trigger and fit any rem 700 stock. It's a very good action, finely finished and accurate. If you buy the barreled action from them and drop it into your own stock you can save a bunch of money on taxes. The bot lug is pretty thick (.300) and you can have a skinnier one specified which is a change I would make if buying another one.

3. mikeinct

mikeinct

Thanks Prose, I did not know about the oversize lug..I have a bunch of Savage & aftermarket Sm Shank barrels..I'm going to look into this action & the Jewel trigger...Mike in Ct