Shadetree Rest

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by james, Oct 19, 2018.

1. james

james Gold $$ Contributor

I've been looking at purchasing a Shadetree top for my Sinclair Competition rest. Just checking to see if anyone has used one on this particular rest and how they liked it. I'm not a serious competitor however I attend several varmint shoots each year and an occasional 600 yard match. The varmint matches require moving around to different targets. I've never used a joystick rest however it seems like it would be a benefit when moving from one target to another
    I've search these forums and had observed nothing but good things about this rest and Butch's service. Any thoughts from those who have used this rest top is most appreciated. I have looked at the SEB and Farley however I think they are more than I need.

Thanks

2. Falfan2017

Falfan2017 Gold $$ Contributor

Great setup. Smooth tracking easy to use. I had one on a bald eagle bottom and found the set up to be kind of light and could move under recoil from a 284. The seb is heavier and a bit more stable but You don't gain much over th shadetree.

3. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market

It's a good rest top, especially for the price. It could stand a bit more travel but other than that, no complaints.

4. Centerfire

Centerfire

I have had mine for 10 years on a Sinclair base and I think it is great.
    If you need help Butch is there for you.
    Centerfire

pittbull46 likes this.
  5. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

I have one on my Bald Eagle "Slingshot Cast Iron" and it works just fine.

swadiver likes this.
  6. group therapy

group therapy Silver $$ Contributor

I had one and sold it :(. shoulda kept it, I moved to a non joystick and love what I have buuuutttttt. its a great rest and so is butch. good luck. bryant

7. james

I appreciate all the comments on the Shadetree rest - sounds like a quality piece of equipment!

group therapy likes this.
  8. swadiver

swadiver

I have this same setup. i think it is a great rest, but not ideal for F Class. there is not enough wind-age adjustment, imho. i use it for short range benchrest type shooting

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01 Gold $$ Contributor

I have the bald eagle with a shade tree top and it works great. Would I like an SEB, sure thing but that's another action, 4 barrels, or a used NF BR etc. See my point? I just don't see any other rest making me shoot higher scores in F open or BR. And Butch is ...... well he's ok. Lol.... Butch is a wealth of knowledge and you'll enjoy talking with him. So to summarize it, Yes you should love having a shade tree top.

Darrin

dgeesaman likes this.
  10. james

Update: my Shadetree rest top is on the way!

11. kj

kj

I had a shade tree and loved it.