Selling Rifle - No responses ???

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by LitLBoy, May 14, 2019.

1. LitLBoy

LitLBoy Silver $$ Contributor

Have a rifle for sale 6BRA + 6XC barrels What I think is good quality reasonable price.
    Action is Havercamp, is that a problem, I don't see much talk of them on the forum?
    LitlBoy Any help appreciated

338bigdog likes this.
  2. dragman

dragman Gold $$ Contributor

IMHO, it's a few problems
    1- Yes that action isn't going to demand much over say a Remington build. Just doesn't draw the attention like a BAT or a PANDA etc.
    2 - Most people don't care or want the extra barrel so they wont pay much for it unfortunately
    3 - I find adding Dies and brass are a HUGE plus (I am always buying and selling something) And getting everything to go play with the new rig in 1 package is a big deal at least to me. I hate buying the gun then after I get it having to place orders to XYZ places to get all my components.
    4 - PRICES are HORRIBLE right now. I feel like all the guns are bringing $500 less than what they should be.

I think of the last 4 rifles I posted I ended up with a trade or partial trade on 3 of them. the wheeling and dealing hurts much less if both sides are exchanging goods.

3. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

If your not willing to give an item away, It wont sell.
    LDS

4. br1111

br1111 Silver $$ Contributor

guns use to bring a fair price on here. anymore, people want to buy at pawn shop prices. this is still a great site but good luck with your sale.

5. atblis

atblis

It sounds like a supply and demand problem simply put.

6. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

I see some really nice rifles go for cheap in the classifieds. I wish That I could give them all a good home!!

7. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

Well looking at your add you are missing some key info.... Need chamber specs for both barrels, round count on both, brand of each, who smithed it, did the bedding, what brass and for what barrel, etc. Need higher quality pictures and more of them. When I spend that type of money I want to see everything I’m buying and good pictures.

jnyfeler, Jet, hogpatrol and 6 others like this.
  8. Evlshnngns

Evlshnngns

Its a beauty, I really like the stock. Some great suggestions above, for any seller.

Mark W likes this.
  9. Baddog0302

Baddog0302

Ain't that the DAMN truth, and what I've encountered are those that ask a bunch of questions, the questions get answered, then the one asking the questions dosed't even have the manners to reply with a thanks , but no thanks. Just an example of poor parenting and up bringing

Ed, brokeasajoke, LarryDScott and 6 others like this.
  10. atblis

atblis

I think people need to be realistic. If something doesn't sell for what you're asking, it isn't worth what you're asking. That's how this works. It doesn't matter what you paid for it.

Pwc, TC260, muleman69 and 12 others like this.
  11. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

Sold a $2,800 AR10 for $1800 on here. Yeah I know I didn’t have to sell but I got an awesome deal on a GAP Templar so it even out.

I was tired of the damn “but it’s just an AR” PMs.

dragman and Bc'z like this.
  12. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

i put a like on this post /- its not i like what you say in it, but i agree with it

300_whisper likes this.
  13. natdscott

natdscott P100, HM, DR, experienced beginner. Gold $$ Contributor

...'nd yet, SO much stuff continues to sell here.

P1ZombieKiller likes this.
  14. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I have 3 full blown F-Open rifles I am going to sell but I will wait til the prices go back up to reality. I have not listed them anywhere yet and won't till the dry spell passes.. So you may have a bit of a wait on your hands, unless you want to sell things for less than what they are really worth..

LarryDScott and vahena like this.
  15. Damfino

Damfino Gold $$ Contributor

My experience is that no matter how well your item(s) are described and no matter how many pictures you post, there will still be questions and the more questions a perspective buyer asks, the less likely they are to buy.

LarryDScott, dogdude, LitLBoy and 2 others like this.
  16. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

What’s the reamer the smith used? What powder? You sure you were getting those velocities? The pics you posted don’t look like .5 MOA. What prefix? Can you take a pic of the bedding job?

LarryDScott, Damfino and hoz53 like this.
  17. atblis

atblis

Why would they go back up?

18. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

They were sky-high a couple of years ago>>>maybe it will come back? Maybe not? But I can wait..

19. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

That's the crux of it... what it's worth is what you can get for it, not what you think it ought to be worth.

There's a reason folks in marketing get big bucks: they know how to get folks to think what's being sold is worth the price being asked, not think twice before handing out their credit card info.

muleman69, Greyfox, Slngruki and 3 others like this.
  20. Sniper338

Sniper338

This site isnt as bad as the money hungry, greedy, price gouging people posting on snipers hide... holy cow... you can build a new rifle for less...

Its gotta be a deal, and ita gotta atteact the right person... otherwise people build what they want..