SD/ES Help!...pleaseee

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Tha Gunson, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Rsadams

Rsadams

Even if you use a load that's great in one rifle it may shoot like crap in another... You have to work a load for each rifle.. even when useing the best components made... You can buy two rifles at one time both the same and work up a load for one that shoots lights out but not so great in the other..

barefooter56 likes this.
  2. Ringostar

Ringostar

It could be a lot of things. What is your barrel twist rate? It might not be fast enough for the 77gn bullets. What is your barrel length? It will make a difference on which powder works best. What do you have for a trigger? The standard AR trigger is fairly heavy for shooting good groups. Do you have access to a different scale? I don't have any faith in my Gempro, it varied way to much. My shooting really improved when I switched to a good older balance beam.

3. Tha Gunson

Tha Gunson

20", 8 twist barrel with a 4.5 pound geissele trigger. I've checked many times over-basically every time-and am very comfortable with the accuracy and precision of each weighed charge. I've tried varget and h4895 because it's important to me that the powder is very temperature stable (for this build). Open to any and all suggestions, thanks.

4. Ringostar

Ringostar

I don't load 223 for an AR yet. I've had parts for years to put together an upper, just haven't done it yet. I have a Brux 26" barrel for it. I know a lot of ATC shooters that say to use Varget for longer match rifle barrel. But to use RL15 for 20" service rifle barrels. Maybe you need a slightly faster powder for the barrel that you have. The IMR Enduron 4166 could be a possibility. It's a little aster than Varget and temp stable.