Scope testing

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Alex Wheeler, Jun 10, 2017.

1. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

That's horrible.. .3"@50 yards! Are you certain the setup was tight and nothing could move?

2. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to share!

Tom

3. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Lol! Ok...I didn't mean to be a scrooge. It's just that .3@50 is roughly .6@100. That's what's horrible. If everything is tight and the base/tester is rigid, send that sucker scope back. That would qualify as the worst one I've tested.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  4. raptor1ronin

raptor1ronin

Just to validate moovins post. I was there to check my golden eagle I’m positive that he all all the proper torque settings and nothing moved. We double and triple checked everything to make sure that the test was proper. As you can see he had his doubts about his scope. As you can see the March and golden eagle proved to hold steady.

moovin2fast likes this.
  5. gunsandgunsmithing

Which ones? Lol! I don't care what you post or say. Where's my barrel?
    Merry Christmas Stan!

Stan Taylor likes this.
  6. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Its pretty easy to think something had to move after seeing what some scopes do. But some are rock solid. Hopefully in 5 years they will all be rock solid. :)

foxguy, bpmoss1, Jet and 2 others like this.
  7. gunsandgunsmithing

Then I'll repeat...send that scope in....unless he's happy with it. I wouldn't be, by a long way.

Something's moving, somewhere. It doesn't have to be a screw loose. I've got several of those...and would know all about loose screws.
    ;)

That checker seems to have a few joints. Are they all torqued to whatever specification the maker has?

Just saying I'd check everything. By the looks of the posts here...it's probably the scope. o_O

raptor1ronin likes this.
  8. gunsandgunsmithing

Whoa there big boy! I didn't say a thing that I thought was out of line...or at least intended to be.
    Yes, I can usually do math and get within a inch er' so.
    Pretty sure that all I said was to check things and if everything was tight, I'd send it in.

What's your point with trying to be a smartass to me, anyway?

9. moovin2fast

moovin2fast

These are my test results, if u dont like them, so sorry, but then no need to comment. Thanks

dmoran likes this.
  10. gunsandgunsmithing

I didn't say that I didn't like anything you said...prior to you getting stupid....Just friendly advice that wasn't even to YOU!. For that matter, you didn't post until I did and I still don't know what I said that got your little girl panties in a wad.
    All I know is, this site has gone way down hill with some of the new posters. Many of the rest of us actually shoot together, know each other and get along just great. I and some of them actually make and do things to advance the sport. I have been for nearly 20 years...some have been longer.

I have no idea who you are, where you came from or whose jock strap you're trying to carry...but I don't care.

You do need to get that thong out of your crack though, sweetheart.

seymour fish and milanuk like this.
  11. moovin2fast

moovin2fast

Wow, true character comes out. Let' grow up and get back to the point. Testing scopes huh?

dmoran likes this.
  12. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

No wonder people don't post there results.......

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the results @moovin2fast

Jet and moovin2fast like this.
  13. moovin2fast

moovin2fast

Ya no kidding... I regret

dmoran likes this.
  14. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Mike, his results compete with this comp I test many pages back.

20170420_095800.jpg

WiscGunner, Ledd Slinger, Jet and 2 others like this.
  15. Hal

Hal

Play nice boys.
    There is lots of good information on this thread.
    We don't need it locked or erased.

Hal

mdman352, Rogmay, moovin2fast and 2 others like this.
  16. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

There's more useful content on this one thread than some other entire websites..... Don't worry, I'm saving ALL of it.

Tom

Ledd Slinger, Rogmay, LRPV and 2 others like this.
  17. gunsandgunsmithing

Thanks Tom! Would you call that horrible, too..as I did? I would, and twice on Sunday. I'm still not sure what he didn't like. Either something moved in the scope or outside of the scope. That's all I thought I was saying. If everything else checks out...I'd definitely sent that scope back....and I wasn't even talking to him when I said that. That should be and is all I'll say in that regard.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    randy x likes this.
  18. gunsandgunsmithing

I still don't know what you're panties are in a wad about, that I said to someone else.

As for my character...I don't take kindly to anybody running off at the mouth that probably hasn't contributed anything to the shooting sports in their life, putting me down for...WHAT? That's all I have to say unless you want to make your way to a match in my area. IOW, I won't get lectured here or anywhere by very many people that can't bring a substantiated case to the discussion...You were out of line...period. --Mike Ezell

randy x likes this.
  19. gunsandgunsmithing

I thought I was! I got berated for suggesting that the op..not the offender, make sure nothing was moving within their control. THAT'S ALL!

randy x likes this.
  20. gunsandgunsmithing

Hell Donovan...I make scope checkers but I don't post results here.