Scope rings for Annie 64 MPR?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by MtnTrain, Oct 1, 2018.

1. MtnTrain

MtnTrain

New to using scopes and want to make sure the Kelby Standard height dovetail rings will work on my Anschutz 64 MPR (0.890 heavy barrel) with a Leupold Competition 35x45 scope that has a objective lens diameter of 2.20 inches. Anyone tried this? Thanks.

2. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I have pretty good luck using the Warne base/ring tool for checking height. For the 45mm objective scope, they list their rings as .400" height and good for 24-52mm objectives. Kelbly's lists the height (to center of scope) as 1.134". Minus half of 30mm = .544".

That would say it should work, but to answer you question, no I haven't tried them in that combination. Make sure you orient the dovetail properly with the step UP for the 11mm.

3. drover

drover

Check out the BKL rings, I have used them for years on my competition 22's. They are not the sleekest looking ring in the world but they work well and I have never had a set that left ring marks on the scope.

If you should decide to go that way I have a spare set that I could let you have at a very reasonable price.

drover

4. Tim s

Tim s

The Kelbly’s will work.
    The BKL ‘s are not BR quality rings IMHO simply because the bases require too much spring pressure.
    If you mount the bases and lapp them in before you put the scope in, you’re fine. The issue is you can never tighten them up the same if you dismount the scope and that puts “some” lateral stress on the tube.
    Don’t know about you but I’d prefer none.

5. drover

drover

What is "too much spring pressure"? That is a term I am not familiar with.

I have seen a lot of BKL in use with no issues, here it a link to their site so that perhaps you can explain to me what it is you are referring to.
    http://www.bkltech.com/1inch-Scope-Rings-and-Mounts-for-3-8-and-11mm-Dovetail-s/57.htm

drover

6. Tim s

Tim s

Sure,
    The bases have a wide gap with the screws relieved, if you slide them on the action they have to compress a lot and never in the same place.
    Put a Kelby ring on. They are quite snug and repeatable. 1/2 the time you’re moving the thing left to right before tight, sometimes right to left because of all the space. You’re putting lateral stress on the tube. Set it up to measure where things end up when tightened, you’d be alarmed. That’s why they’re 22 bucks.
    You want to go cheap with scope related equipment? Not me.
    Try lapping in a pair, see for yourself, especially if you take them off and back on, don’t take my word for it.

7. drover

drover

It appears that you have had an issue with them that I have never encountered, I have used them for years with positive results.

8. jpx2rk

jpx2rk

I've got Talley's high rings on my MPR, worked good with a Sightron 36x and now a Weaver 36x.

9. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

Why not call Kelby's? They are good folks and could probably help.

Hammer47 likes this.