SELLING Savage bolt lift kits

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by Dolomite_supafly, Jun 30, 2019.

Trader History (17)
  1. Dolomite_supafly

Dolomite_supafly Silver $$ Contributor

$20 shipped via PayPal.

If you would like to place an order send me a PM with your mailing address as well as how may you would like.

Once I get your mailing address and the number you are ordering I will give you the PayPal address to send the payment.

Doing it this way makes it easier for me to keep track so I can get them shipped out in a timely manner. I will not get your address from PayPal and will only use the address you provide via PM. I do this because some addresses in PayPal are old addresses.

Every kit sold comes with a 100% money back guarantee. If they do not work, you do not like it or just don't want it, return it and I will refund 100% of your money including shipping which is $1.

The kit is made in the US on a CNC from 303 stainless so they will not rust. The ball bearing is a Rockwell C80 so they will not wear and should last forever. Makes the normally rough Savage bolt lift feel smoother. These do not require any modification to the gun. No need to trim or space the BAS. These are ready to go, you do not need to buy anything other than a 1/4" allen wrench to remove the screw at the rear of the bolt.

These WILL work on the Lapua Magnum action, any model 1X/11X with an allen wrench screw at the rear of the bolt without the cocked indicator.

[​IMG]

They will ***NOT*** work on Savages with the cocking indicator in the bolt or the Axis or Fusion or any Savage with flat tip screw slot at the rear of the bolt. If you have a F or J action these will not work. If you have any doubt you can measure the screw at the back of the bolt. If the threaded part of that screw is ~.500" these should work.

Here is me posting about the thrust bearing kit on Snipers Hide in 2010.
    http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/diy-savage-bolt-lift-kit.32345/

For those wondering which is better, the thrust bearing kits or my kits, here is the results of tests done on dozens of actions proving that the single ball bearing kit reduces lift effort more than the thrust bearing kit.

Below are the results of a test done by someone other than myself. I do not interact with the tester and do not know him, either personally or professionally. He conducted this test in response to me releasing my own bolt lift kit that used a thrust bearing almost a decade ago. The tester owns a business that works on Savages, has a relationship with Savage Firearms and is well know in the Savage circles.

"The data collected here was derived from 36 different actions representing a cross section obtained from specimens manufactured from approximately 1997 to 2008. These numbers represent the average of operations.

COCKING EFFORT: 22.30 in/lbs.
    CLOSING EFFORT: 13.5 in/lbs.
    OPENING EFFORT(already cocked): 17.9 in/lbs.

Notes: The hardest to cycle measured in @30 in/lbs, the esiest @ 18 in/lbs. I consider these to be the extreme, with most being in the 20 in/lbs range.

The following data was collected from 1 specimen using the 2 types of bearings to reduce friction.

Efforts involved in cycling operation
    Observations made on a Savage model 116 serial# G893xxx
    1.operation. 2.before mod(stock). 3.w/single centered ball bearing. 4.w/ thrust bearing. 5.Trued&timed w/no mod. 6.Trued&timed w/thrust bearing. 7.Trued &timed w/single centered ball bearing.

upload_2019-8-12_6-51-26.png

SUMMARY: These tests conclude that a single centered ball bearing reduces more friction than multiple ball thrust bearing. Other factors besides friction affect the efforts of cycling due to the variant geometry of the various components of the fire control system. This test does not address the several other points of friction that also contribute to cycling efforts. The trued & timed action was included in this test to demonstrate the the consistency of what a single centered ball would reduce in friction only. It appears through this test and many others that I have checked to reduce all the cycling efforts only by 2 in/lbs."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    FrogFire7 likes this.
  2. Hotshot

Hotshot Gold $$ Contributor

I'll try 2
    Please pm payment Info

3. C.E.Smith043

C.E.Smith043 Gold $$ Contributor

Ill take 1, pm sent

4. mg260

mg260

I will take one pm sent

5. topclass2017

topclass2017 Silver $$ Contributor

PM inbound for 2 sets

6. DHuffman

DHuffman Gold $$ Contributor

I'll take 2 PM inbound for payment info.

7. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Instructions?

8. RetiredArmy

RetiredArmy Silver $$ Contributor

I'll give one a try. Pm sent.
    Thanks Bill

9. FrogFire7

FrogFire7 Silver $$ Contributor

I'm in for 1

10. CVH

CVH

I'll take two sets. Sending PM

11. SEM

SEM Silver $$ Contributor

tag

12. Dolomite_supafly

All orders paid for this morning, Monday, have been shipped. Those that ordered since noon your orders are packed up and will go out in the morning. You should have it by the weekend but if not please give it a few more days because of the national holiday.

13. chop house

chop house

i'll try one... pm on the way

14. Red Elk

Red Elk

I would like one. Pm sent
    re

15. Dolomite_supafly

All orders paid for this morning, Tuesday, have been shipped. Those that ordered since noon today your orders are packed up and will go out in the morning. You should have it by the weekend but if not please give it a few more days because of the national holiday.

16. Toptom

Toptom

Ill take one

17. WAMBO

WAMBO

I'll take 2, PM inbound.

18. Rick300

Rick300 Silver $$ Contributor

I'll take one, PM sent

19. JumboSammich

JumboSammich Gold $$ Contributor

I'll take two,PM sent