Sammi specs for a 22CHeetah

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by farmer44, Feb 9, 2019.

1. farmer44

farmer44 Silver $$ Contributor

I am wondering what the standard neck would be for a 22 CHeetah neck.

2. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Both prints that I have on the MK1 and Mk2 Cheetah say .251

3. farmer44

So with my .247 nk I have two choices either find someone to make me a bushing die or have the neck opened up. the Redding custom die I have now will not give me enough neck tension one they have been fired.

4. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

There was a recent post on folks that will modify your die.

5. STS

STS Silver $$ Contributor

Jim Carstensen

6. farmer44

Just did a search on JLC Precision (Jim Carstensen)looks like around $200 -250 range, I am thinking perhaps just get the neck opened up to match my Redding custom dies and may even be cheaper just thinking.

7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I dont think jlc is doing the bushing modifications anymore according to some earlier posts about it. It didnt used to be that much money i think that price must be for a die set. I think youll be stress free if youd just get a set of whidden dies. And since your chambering is very rare and no standard exists on it, youll need to send 3x fired cases over to get a perfect set of dies made. Then you can just forget the stress of brass and die issues

8. farmer44

Understood but the problem is one I have fired the brass I can no longer fire it the second time due to the fact I cannot get enough neck tension. The bullets can be spun in the case by twisting them once seated.

9. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

Maybe a BE or Red Dot load w cow ? Do it several x then send'em off. Your necks are formed, right?
    Now that I ponder further, you would have enough pressure with the loose pills to do what's needed, even more so than with cow.

If not, some one please explain what I'm missing.

10. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Youre missing nothing except id just go straight powder and toilet paper with no cream of wheat.

11. farmer44

Found a gentleman with a reamer to open my neck up so I can use the dies I have. It will save money over getting new custom dies. I am still looking for the bushing dies but will go with getting the neck opened as a last resort.