Sako 6 PPC factory loads

Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by COLT45SA, Jan 10, 2017.

1. COLT45SA

COLT45SA

I'm curious. I read about different bullet weights being used to reload for Sako 6mm PPC rifles and comments about light bullets. Here's where I am curious. Sako designated the rifle 'Target/Varmint' which implies that it should be quite accurate if its going to be used to shoot small groups (?). So why did Sako choose to load their factory loads with 70 gr bullets? I would expect Sako to be aware of what would shoot and would not shoot. And if lighter bullets were more accurate as claimed by these reloaders, why did Sako choose the 70? Wouldn't the barrel throat designed for a 70 be longer throat than on designed for say a 62 or a 65?

Attached Files:

2. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

What is the twist rate of the Sako rifle?

3. Stickler

Stickler Silver $$ Contributor

My Sako 75 happens to be a 12 twist but I believe they also supplied barrels with a 14 twist.

4. stacy

stacy 2 TIMOTHY 2 VERUS 15 Silver $$ Contributor

I SAY THIS THOSE ARE SOME SHOOTING MACHINE WITH 68GR BULLETS I MEAN BUGHOLE MEAN SEEN IT WITH SEVERAL OF THOSE 6PPC SAKO

5. Rdlningcltchdmpr

Rdlningcltchdmpr Silver $$ Contributor

Light bullets always shoot tiny groups with the right powder, even if the gun is made for heavier bullets. Example- 270 win. Designed for 130, 140, 150 grain bullet will shoot 90 grain into tiny quarter inch groups! 308 win. Made to shoot 168 -220 grain bullets will shoot 110 grain vmax bullets into quarter inch also.

6. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I doubt sako had ragged edge accuracy in mind when coming up with a factory load. Im sure bullet supply had a part in it.

WyleWD likes this.