Sacrifices

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by mike a, Jun 21, 2019.

1. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Gold $$ Contributor

I sacrificed a couple of goats on the firing line before my last match. Didn't help as much as I would have liked.

I'm gonna keep at it with the sacrifices, but also focus more on wind reading too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

That's
    They have to be Virgin goats silly.

hogpatrol, Immike and Big_Daddy like this.
  3. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

And a bloop tube?:rolleyes:

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

He is close enough to Austin that they were most likely Liberal Goats.
    That is an even better sacrifice.

MikeMcCasland likes this.
  5. outasite`08

outasite`08 Silver $$ Contributor

I heard a woman tell her husband,"if you don`t wise up,I`ll spend my half to get your half". I`m glad she isn`t my wife!

338 Mollett, Bc'z and muleman69 like this.
  6. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Increase the beatings until moral improves:cool:

338 Mollett and Immike like this.
  7. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

I use to work with a guy that was always complaining how his ex wife took him to the cleaners in the divorce. He said she was only suppose to get half but got way more. He was living in a camper trailer trying to make child support and cover bills that she ran up..his story. Then the idiot went back and married her again! You guessed it. Divorced her again and he was sure nuff broke.
    If we needed someone to work overtime, he was always available.

muleman69 and hogpatrol like this.
  8. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

After reading all of this, I would suggest you drive your truck to the range with the window down. Now. if you can't handle it, hire a competent person to fix it.
    My 02 GMC has 304,000 miles on it, but the air blows cold.

9. jds holler

jds holler Gold $$ Contributor

I think my shooting addiction/expenses, are probably small taters compared to most guys around here. I don't compete, and most of my shooting is done within a couple miles of the house. My loading equipment and components could make a pretty fair museum display, and my firearms are nothing fancy or high dollar. They have been acquired over a period of forty or fifty years, and are generally what I need and like.

I love being out of debt, and am. -- my wife, not so much.:rolleyes: We live pretty small, and money goes for necessities, and the bus-load of needy grandchildren that my chick spawned in a previous life.

All in all, I don't think shooting has to be as spendy as I hear folks talking about. It for damned sure doesn't come close to owning a boat.:p

My house needs a ton of work, but it's paid for. Our cars are fifteen years old or more, -- but they're paid for. God has blessed us with good health, and it's a good thing. I'mma prolly working for another thirty years, and will be able to cash-flow what little I spend on shooting. jd

jackson1, outasite`08, Rushty and 3 others like this.
  10. onelastshot

onelastshot Gold $$ Contributor

Divorced, the alimony payments are done, the truck has 100,00 and is good for another 10,000. The house is paid for so my biggest annual bill is property taxes. I seldom go out to eat, I learned a long time ago that you can eat like a king if you cook. The cost of going out to eat is ten times more than making it yourself. I can make a lobster dinner for what people pay for at McDonalds. Plus I enjoy cooking, it relaxes me. I can shoot a lot more because I reload everything. Common sense and learning to do for yourself and you can live well.

11. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

I got my 2003 Dodge with 320,000 on it but no wife. AC is broke and it isn’t bothering me but I’ll be fixing it myself next week. Been doing a lot of work myself on the old truck lately. Try it you’ll Like it.

12. MislMan

MislMan Silver $$ Contributor

My wife and I (43 years) both shoot 6.5 Creedmoor. Biggest sacrifice I’ve had to make is lately, she said “I’m tired of shooting these cheap Hornady ELDs. We need to switch to Berger”. LOL. The sacrifices we have make.
    She’s been looking at a Sartorius as of late and Yes, she does load her own ammo. Bless her.

13. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

Yes sir, that’s rare! Can’t find many of those out there! Most of them only unload. Lol

Blackthorn and Bc'z like this.
  14. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Mine is a master at emptying cases.

15. muleman69

muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. RVN Gold $$ Contributor

My sweet wife buys my beer ,so I have a few bucks for components

16. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

And I buy my wife's beer and she tells me not to bitch that I'm broke cuz I bought components.

Mulligan, muleman69 and SPJ like this.
  17. CT10ring

CT10ring Gold $$ Contributor

Heck yes. My grocery bill for a month - is what it cost for 2-3 dates in NYC. Really. (although had a lotta fun there) - now I shop at Winco in Boise or Idaho Falls. Common sense, and what feels right - the crux of the matter.

18. CT10ring

Well, it's getting warm- better get to it. or roll down the windows. you are rolling em down, right?

19. CT10ring

Butch, you are an embodiment of experience. Not sarcasm - your observations are sparing + reasoned. I'm guessing you are older than 25.

20. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

You are definitely in central Idaho if you do your shopping in those two cities.