Ruger American / Magpul stock 300 blk

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by markT, Feb 26, 2020.

1. markT

markT

My friend bought a a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 300 blk. He didn’t like the factory Ruger stock and bought a replacement Magpul stock. He said he couldn’t get the replacement Magpul stock to fit... (Magazine issues) so he bought another Ruger American Rifle in 308 and the Magpul Replacement stock fit/ worked.
    Any of you guys fitted a Magpul Replacement Stock to a Ruger American Ranch in 300 blk?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. markT

markT

Should I have posted this is a different section on the forum?
    Will be happy to do so. Thank you.

3. JoeMcNeill

JoeMcNeill Silver $$ Contributor

My Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk came with 2 Magpul magazines, marked for 223/5.56
    cartridges so I guess I don't understand your question. I'm guessing, maybe, he wants
    to replace the stock with another stock? Maybe some more information is needed.
    I can say that my gun really shoots well, it is light, short and perfect for my farm.
    Regards,

Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas

4. markT

markT

hi joe, yes my friend bought a replacement Magpul stock for his Ruger American in 300 blk and he had issues with the magazine not fitting /working. He then bought another Ruger American in .308 and the replacement Magpul stock worked/ fit and didn’t have any issues with the magazine.
    My question is: does anyone have any experience fitting a Replacement Magpul stock to a Ruger American in .300 blk?
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  5. Bocephus

Bocephus

Not sure if I completely understand the question, but it almost sounds like he was trying to use blkout cartridges in a mag designed for a .308.

Completely different mags, and I would imagine, feed ramp geometry.

6. JoeMcNeill

JoeMcNeill Silver $$ Contributor

MarkT,
    If you look at the Ruger instruction manual you will see that the actions are different between the compact model
    and the standard model. The bottom of the receivers are different. Also, I remember reading that the 7.62x39
    rifle can take different magazines and the bottom of the stock for the magazines can be reconfigured for this.
    There is also a modification that takes AI style magazines and is configured differently. I would suggest that your
    friend contact Ruger customer service and see what he has (300 blk) model wise and why it would not fit the
    Magpul stock. They are great to deal with.
    Regards,

Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas

7. markT

markT

Appears no one has fitted a Magpul replacement stock to a Ruger American in 300 blk.
    Probably best thing for me to do is call Magpul and speak with a technical person.
    Thanks anywho.

8. markT

markT

I called Magpul this morning and they said the magazine would not work in 223 and 300 blk on the Ruger American with a Magpul Hunter REPLACEMENT stock...

The technical support guy at Magpul they were working on a 233 / 300 Blk magazine and it should be available June 2020..
    This is a 3D printed one they did so they could post on website.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020