SELLING Replacement Knobs for Stock Adjustments

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by majohnson, Apr 6, 2018.

Trader History (24)
  1. majohnson

majohnson

I can do that as well if needed. It would be interesting to get a numerical value of just how pressure is required to lock the cheep piece in place.

Thanks for the idea. It feedback that helps make the changes to improve these items.

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    muleystalker likes this.
  2. majohnson

majohnson

Anyone in the Northern Colorado area with a Manners stock with the adjustable cheek piece? I need to test fit a knob that replaces the existing allen bolt. One is 6061T6 aluminum the other 304 stainless.

Since Otis was kind enough to send me the parts, I was able to identify the allen bolt as “F837B”. Which means I can supply the same threaded stud.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Attached Files:

3. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

I,m in the Carter lake area and need two for my Manners.
    I unfortunately have to be in Boulder most days.
    P.M. me

4. FatBuddah

FatBuddah

I’m in line for when you start to sell!

5. majohnson

majohnson

Thanks guys, we are getting closer.

Mark

6. Phil

Phil

Would this happen to fit a Manners T6-A also????

7. majohnson

majohnson

Phil,
    I am not sure if it similar, but if can get me pictures of the parts with your measurements so I can see them I will let you know. If it doesn’t I should be able to make one to fit.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. majohnson

majohnson

The maching is complete, but isn’t fully polish. I kept the knob close to the stock. As seen in the pictures it .009 clearance between the knob and stock. This one is just under 1.25” in diameter. On the stock I’m using the extrusion is offset to the left .050”.

If anyone can check their stock and theirs is also offset. It only takes 10 inch pounds to lock the cheek piece in place. There should not be any issues with using aluminum.

Thanks to all,
    Mark

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  9. Phil

Phil

Mark,

I don`t have my T6A yet, so unfortunately i can`t provide any additional info, maybe someone else can help the situation out.....

Phil.

milspecnsn likes this.
  10. majohnson

majohnson

Here’s the first Manners knob, I drop it off at moondogs shop. He was kind enough to loan me a Manners stock. Besides making the knob, I will also offer the nut.

There are some variations on the installation of the extrusion in the stock. As well as hole diameter that the hardware goes into. In the picture there is a little polishing compound in threads, some how I miss it..

It should fit stocks with the LoggerHead Clamp extrusion installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  11. majohnson

majohnson

The one thing that been a challenge has been the installation of the extrusion block in the stock. I finally came up with a reliable way of measuring the depth of the extrusion. Moondog and Otis have been a big help in working out the details. For their help I will need to their knobs finish before I begin working on other projects.

My apologies for the delay guys.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Phil likes this.
  12. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

majohnson is working with 2 of my manners. Some minor changes and I think it will be a winner!
    I'll post Pics

13. majohnson

majohnson

Here’s one for Otis, he sent the Loggerheads hardware to get things started. In addition to making a knob, I made a new nut moving the shoulders forward so it easier the tighten the knob to hold the cheek Piece. On the knob I put opposing set screws that go into a recess on the threaded rod. It should help hold things in place.

It going to be a slow week, my phase converter died on me.

Attached Files:

14. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

Are you going to cut two flats on the nut to fit into the slot on the loggerhead hardware so the nut doesn't turn as you tighten it?

15. FatBuddah

FatBuddah

Preorder!!

16. majohnson

majohnson

Thanks let me fulfill the commitment I made with Tod and Otis and you are next. I am waiting to here how things fit for Otis.

Muleystalker, good catch even though I didn’t have issues with nut spinning I made another nut with flats and ship it to Otis the next day.

muleystalker likes this.
  17. majohnson

majohnson

Here’s another piece for Tod, with his hands he wanted something with some grip to it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  18. majohnson

majohnson

Broncoguy, pm sent

19. majohnson

majohnson

Moondog and I are still working on the Manners parts. We’re playing with it trying make it easier to lock up. Part of the issue is anodizing is a slick coating, plus the post and extrusion end up with cleaning solutions, oil, and dust.

One thing we came up with is for guys that either don’t like the circlip or are between slots are machined spacers. Moondog been using them for a couple of weeks now. He was one of the guys that was in the middle of the grooves.

If any one is interested in a set, I just need the measurement to the bottom of the cheek piece. If shoot from multiple positions, I can mark the sets to eliminate any confusion.

Attached Files:

20. majohnson

majohnson

Here is a couple of knobs for the Manners stocks with the adjustable cheek piece. There was a problem with getting knob to tighten enough to lock and hold the cheek piece. It took a few try’s to get it right, but it finally ready to sell. The last picture is original knob that has been in use the last couple of months.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018