SELLING Replacement Knobs for Stock Adjustments

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by majohnson, Apr 6, 2018.

Trader History (24)
  1. majohnson

majohnson

Replacement knobs custom machined to replace factory fasteners, along with other small parts. Contact me with with your ideas for stock, shooting rest, or other shooting item improvements. Enclosed picture is a set of replacement knobs for my Cadex chassis.

Attached Files:

2. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

How about a knob like that for the allen screw on the Manners Adjustable comb with the KMW LoggerHead hardware

BP1 and Mike Brewton like this.
  3. majohnson

majohnson

Are you referring to the pinch bolt allen screw? If I can get someone to send me parts, or give me drawing with accurate measurements. I also need to know the hole size on the stock that the allen fits in.

muleystalker likes this.
  4. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

Me too!

5. BP1

BP1 Team Texas F-TR Gold $$ Contributor

I would like a couple for the manners t4a stock.

6. majohnson

majohnson

Guy be patient please as I get samples and dimensions work out. A lot of the knobs fit into a recess, so I need to get it all work out to make sure they fit correctly.

Mike Brewton and muleystalker like this.
  7. muleystalker

Yes, I will work on getting you some measurements and a drawing.

8. majohnson

majohnson

Just to update everyone, BP1 is sending parts to work up the knob. I will keep posting up dates. I am putting a list together for people that are waiting.

9. muleystalker

Sorry I got side tracked and forgot to get you the info. I would be in for 4 depending on price, I think a few of my buddies would be in for a few, I will pass along the info. I do know that my First Manners with the KMW LOGGERHEAD setup has a different bolt setup than my latter 4. I believe my first one has a cup with the bolt inside it and the new ones are one piece bolt with the cup machined into it.

10. majohnson

majohnson

Hopefully I have more info by the weekend.

muleystalker likes this.
  11. muleystalker

I just looked and my earlier manners stocks withe the Loggerhead Adj. hardware and it is a 3 piece design, a socket head bolt, a cup and the threaded round with 2 flats on the opposite side. the newer one is the Cup/ Bolt all in one, and the threaded round with 2 flats on the opposite side. If you want to PM your cell # i have some pictures I took of them I could send you. The newer one was about .003- .005 smaller in the cup diameter than the old one, so the newer dimensions should fit the old.

Dave

12. FatBuddah

FatBuddah

I’m I for Manners adjustment screws!!

13. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

I'm down for 2 for a manners T-4

14. majohnson

majohnson

Just to update everyone I haven’t received the parts. Once I they come in I will work it.

Thanks,
    Mark

15. BP1

BP1 Team Texas F-TR Gold $$ Contributor

Parts will be in the mail today..so fellas hold your horses Mark I sent the pieces that the screw screws into also,so you can see the recessed part that the head sits in.

16. majohnson

majohnson

Otis Thanks for help!

17. majohnson

majohnson

To update everyone. I received the parts over the weekend and have the basic shape cut. I will have something post in the next couple of days. And a Thank You to Otis for sending the parts!

Thanks for all the interest.
    Mark

18. majohnson

majohnson

Here’s another series of knobs for the Farley rest to replace the handle they ship with locking the heigth.

Thanks,
    Mark

Attached Files:

19. majohnson

majohnson

Here’s a replacement part for Manner LoggerHead Clamp Gen ll. It machine to replace the cup portion and allen head bolt. It made out of 6061 T6 aluminum. I need to make sure it fits and get the correct bolt length before I start selling them. Anyone in Northern Colorado that has a Manner stock with the adjustable cheek piece so I can trial fit the part?

I have considered making a stainless version also, price will be more because of the additional matching time and material cost. The final aluminum part will have set screws to prevent the stud from pulling.

Thanks for looking,
    Mark

Attached Files:

muleystalker likes this.
  20. muleystalker

Im wondering if the set screws will do it, I don't think they will. I know on my 4 stocks it takes quite a bit of torque on the screw before the clamp finally grips the comb studs tight, you have to bear down on the wrench pretty good. It might be better to drill and pin it. Just a thought. Its looking good though.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018