Remington 513T

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by mao0720, Apr 15, 2018.

1. mao0720

mao0720 Silver $$ Contributor

8F1FA65B-5D08-4F07-91A0-DEF0F4500272.jpeg I’ve been wanting to put together an accurate Rimfire rifle for quite some time. Something I could use for FTR and PRS practice as well as something for my 5 year old boy to start shooting ad he gets just a bit bigger. I got a really good deal on an old Remington 513t matchmaster about 6 months ago, when a man sold it to my buddy at his gun shop here in Oregon. The original owner, who was well into his 60’s or 70’s said he shot with it competitively back in high school. It was well taken care of and I love the little bit of history that came with it. I shot it just a bit with the iron sights and was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy at 50 yards using Remington thunderbolt and aguila prime.
    I wanted to get a ken Vianni scope mount for it but he stopped making the one that attached at the rear scope block holes in the barrel and also the rear sight base. I finally found one on eBay last week and bid on it, but it went for much higher than I wanted to spend. So I emailed Ken again and had him ship me his last scope adapter that mounts only to the rear scope block holes in the barrel. The adapter came in today and I got a Burris xtr ii 3-15 mounted up on it for the time being. I also made a piece to replace the front sling swivel rail in the stock so that I could mount a bipod without damaging the original stock or hardware. Here is what she looks like all put together. I’m really happy with how it came out, and I can’t wait to get it out and shoot it soon. Hopefully it shoots as well as it looks! Cheers!
    Mason

ms6852 and cmillard like this.
  2. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Silver $$ Contributor

I love the older Remingtons, would like to see your target groups, please keep us updated

3. ebb

ebb

I have a 521T are there any other options you know of for a scope mount other than drill and tap?

4. mao0720

mao0720 Silver $$ Contributor

I’m not sure. It seems like ken Vianni is getting out of making mounts, so I don’t know if he has or still makes one for a 521t. You also might look around and see if any of the egw rimfire scope bases might fit a 521. I was told that one of their Winchester 52 bases would work on a 513 with some minor alteration.

5. ebb

ebb

Yea they won't work on my rifle. I heard the same thing about that EGW working on a Savage 416. It didn't work on the Savage either. It may work if altered but I'd rather use a 2 piece weaver than mess with the rifle and the mount. Some of the 521Ts and 513Ts had grooved receivers, wish mine did.

6. drover

drover

I owned some of the older 500 series Remingtons that were not grooved, I had them drilled and tapped - no issues.
    I can't see that it hurts the value, they are not highly collectible, and for myself I prefer having a rifle that can be scoped.

drover

ebb likes this.
  7. Clark

Clark

I got a Rem 513T a year ago.
    I have not shot it yet, but I have assembled a Redfield rear sight.

Attached Files: