Remington 40x heavy barrel receiver from CMP

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by solyanik, Jul 13, 2011.

1. solyanik

solyanik

So finally I cracked and got one. If you have converted one of these into a functioning rifle (I am ok using modern stock - authenticity for this one is far less important than accuracy) and can recommend the parts list, I would greatly appreciate!

2. killahog

killahog

I have all the stock parts and the original 40x trigger is your interested. This stock is in probably 95% condition and if refinished would really make a nice rifle 230.00$ shipped for everthing except the bolt. Sorry I needed that for my last build

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. FroggyOne2

FroggyOne2

I just picked one up too.. but I am going a different route with mine. Instead of the 40X stock and stuff, I am going to put it in a Eliseo stock, so that way I can use the same trigger, sights and stock and grip as I use on my big guns. I feel this way would be a great way to do inexpensive practice.

4. jerrschmitt

jerrschmitt

Most of the paret are available from Numrich arms. I bought these two stocks last year for about $50.00. The needed to be refinished but they came out pretty good.

[​IMG]

5. navyeod

navyeod

killahog i will take your stock and parts. PM sent

6. killahog

killahog

Navyeod I sent you pm

7. killahog

killahog

Well Navyeod has dissapeared This Stock is Still for Sale.

8. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Killahog,
    Don't you love folks like that?
    This is the start of my CMP receiver being made into a Tin Can Killer.

[​IMG]

It will have a 3 POS safety. Richard Gorham has the #3 Shilen CM taperlapped ratchet barrel to install.
    Butch

9. killahog

killahog

Well Butch I don't want to sell anything to someone if they don't have a need for it. What I can't understand is why are so many people afraid to pick up there phone and talk. Sometimes these messages start to remind me of when I used to pass notes to my girlfriends in the hallway. Very inefficient and very rarely led to the desired outcome. Maybe I would have had better success if I had a spell checker back then.

10. FroggyOne2

FroggyOne2

LOL.. but do you think that the spellchecker would still help with some folks.. ?

11. killahog

killahog

Updated thread to Include new photos.

I had originally posted a 40x Stock for sale Now I have a complete 40x b Rifle for sale, gun Includes and Original 40x trigger Original 40x Bolt and Original stock with all the parts listed in the earlier photos of this thread. I had a competent gunsmith adjust the install and the trigger as well as check the headspace with gauges and fire the gun several times to test for ant loading or extraction issues. The gun is working as intended. I am asking $850.00 I will pay all shipping costs Buyer is responsible for any transfer fees. Feel free to email me @ killallcats@hotmail.com Tony
    [​IMG]/i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/killahog/Completed40xb004.jpg[/img]//i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/killahog/Completed40xb001.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. killahog

killahog

Gun Is Sold.