SELLING Remington 40 XR Stock - Reduced-$275 Shipped

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by dstoenner, Aug 13, 2019.

Trader History (46)
  1. dstoenner

dstoenner Silver $$ Contributor

I got this maybe 12 years ago. It is a great stock. Very comfortable to shoot and with the adjustable butt pad it lets change from prone to bench and keep the right height to the sights. I believe these came out in the late 70's for a while so there are not a lot of them around. I have since gone to benchrest shooting with my 40X so I have a purpose built stock for it now.

I have refinished the whole stock. It didn't have a lot of dings but the old finish looked bad. It now has 4 or 5 (I can't remember which) coats of Minwax Urethane. Each coat was sanded with 400 paper and the final coat was 0000 steel wool.

I also Pillar bedded the stock. Included with the stock are the front and rear action bolts. I replaced the original rail wood screws with stainless machine screws that mate to nuts that are countersunk and epoxied in place. You will NEVER pull that rail out of the stock with your hands.

This would either work as a 40X stock or a 700 in single shot mode. It could be inlet for a small magazine well but the 700 XR stock I think was a little higher so you could get 5 rounds of 308 in it??

The bag rider on the back heel is only held on with 2 small wood screws so I didn't mar the stock at all for that.

Thanks for looking

David

I will do F&F PayPal, MO or personal check

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. fkimble@charter.net

fkimble@charter.net

That is a 40xc stock. Designed for across the course. Never seen one in a single shot configuration. Maybe it was on a rimfire 40x single shot?

Ggmac likes this.
  3. SBS

SBS Gold $$ Contributor

It is a 40-XR Rimfire Position Rifle stock furnished with single shot 40X .22 rimfires in the 70's. It had no magazine cut out. The 40-XC National Match Course rifle was the same stock with a blind magazine cutout Above model names are from Remington, 1975.

4. dstoenner

Yes it was for a 40x

David

5. dstoenner

6. dstoenner

Reduced to $275 Shipped