Remington 221FB LVSF

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by roband, Sep 4, 2017.

1. roband

roband

Thinking about pulling the trigger.Anyone care to share their experiences with these?
    Ive heard both ways coin toss hope you get a good one and they shoot lights out.Was hoping to get some feedback from you guys who have actually owned/shot the LVSF model. Thanks in advance
    Forgot to mention less then 10 rounds fired he bought for his daughter she never had an interest so there it sat.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. pauls

pauls

Got one. Shoots very well ( a load of Re7 with a 50 grain VM ). Typical Remington long throat. I put mine in a McMillan stock. Great little walking around varminter. Just wish the muzzle was threaded :D.

Gabe22BR likes this.
  3. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

Mine didn't shoot, after a rebarrel, it shoot the lights out. I have since restocked for carrying, and swing..

4. stacy

stacy 2 TIMOTHY 2 VERUS 15 Silver $$ Contributor

I HAVE ONE AND IT SHOOTS LIGHTS OUT WITH H-4227 40HP BERGERS AND 205 FED PRIMERS ITS A CROWS NIGHTMARE IN THE 200YD RANGE !!! :D:D:D

5. Bangs OH

Bangs OH

Have one. A fun chambering in a great package. A darned shame Remington dropped the LVSF - probably too "good" for the price - and some in the rare larger calibers are now worth their weight in gold.
    So far, my .221 FB LV isn't as accurate as my near laser-like .204 in that model; haven't played much with the go-to powders: RL7, Accurate 1680, 'Lil Gun (also new CFE BLK) yet, but knowing there's also a lot of throat length to play with gives hope for improvement.
    Feeding is about what can be expected from such a small cartridge in a that action, but load it carefully and it works; extraction is pretty brisk, btw. I put Timney triggers in my LVSFs, but they do come with the good old-style Remington.
    Also, the report is surprisingly loud for such a small round, which (regrettably) makes me reach for a .22 Hornet when I expect to be hunting/shooting very close to built-up areas. Barrel length and gun weight is perfect for a walking Varmint/predator rifle (never cared for the pencil barrel on a C-Z .221), but will admit I can get more fps and almost-.223 performance from my 24" barreled Cooper FB.
    Would say you'd have little to lose on it, as you could probably get back out of it what you'd paid for it. Plus, they make a great platform for a .20 VarTarg build. ;)

6. roband

roband

Thanks for the replies!

7. CATMAN

CATMAN

I have 3,2 221FIREBALLS,& 223. The fireballs shoot great after being beaded. Have not shot the 223,thinking about selling it or rebarreling it to 20 Tac. Catman