Remarkable little scale

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by BoydAllen, Aug 19, 2019.

1. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

It don't but you got the idea. Mike

2. Clancy

Clancy

I will try explaining this to my wife :)

Fortunately though, we have a nice little shelter at the range.

mike a likes this.
  3. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

Pirate, did you end up being pleased with the new Bald Eagle scale? Just curious because it might be my next purchase to get the extra decimal point.

4. Larry Klutts

Larry Klutts Gold $$ Contributor

Used a plexiglass display case turned upside down. Lid is plexiglass, wood knob plus lid track is wire raceway all from home depot.
    Drilled hole in lid to trickle and use a 1/4'' dowel with plastic tube cover on end to calibrate thru trickle hole. Drilled hole in back for power cord plus another hole to bolt a ground wire to. Guess it works okay, no issues. If done over again would drill a smaller hole in lid.

IMG_2251.jpg

McGraw likes this.
  5. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

So far so good, I've loaded up 500 9MM with it so far. Once I built the birdhouse it stopped a lot of problems.

McGraw likes this.
  6. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

I'm using the Lee Dipper and then trickle method so tickler is fed through the side.That way I work through the front, has a top on it. Works for me.

McGraw likes this.
  7. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

I have one of these scales and even with fresh batteries, it's a "floater".

I should probably dig into anti-static treating it all over, but at this point I've moved up a few clicks in build quality. But I haven't thrown it out yet because it's useful for what it is.

8. Fast14riot

Fast14riot Silver $$ Contributor

If someone has this scale in front of them can you measure the top for me, I'm at work and can make a small acrylic box to fit on the top covering the pan.

9. JMayo

JMayo

There is a sartorius entris 64 in the FS section. Going for a great price.

Fyi

10. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

Went for a great price ;)

11. ppaul

ppaul Silver $$ Contributor

Mailman left one of these in my box yesterday. Just tried it out a couple minutes ago and it would pick up a single grain of h4350. It repeats taking a known weight on and off. Beats the gempro by a lot. Very quick on the read too.If it keeps this up it'll earn a spot on the bench. Very impressed!

12. 46and2

46and2

You got the Gem20, correct?

13. brians356

brians356 Silver $$ Contributor

Motorhomes tend to rock in the wind. That would affect a balance beam, dunno about a cheap electronic scale.
    -

14. ppaul

ppaul Silver $$ Contributor

No,250. Sorry about the delay, was gone to work by the time you posted

15. archerforkids

archerforkids Gold $$ Contributor

That Gem20 is more consistent than my chargemaster setup.
    Every load off my chargemaster goes across the Gem20 before it hits the funnel.
    If I suspect either or even both scales are acting silly, I have a 41.8 grain weight I throw on them to verify what's going on.

16. archerforkids

archerforkids Gold $$ Contributor

Obviously that 41.8 matches my H4350 charge

17. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Is that what you weigh the mouse with before feeding your Bald Eagle? You must have him on a very strict diet! :D

Seriously though, I just bought one of the little scales and took it for a test drive against my balance scale while loading some 6BR rounds. Didn't take long for me to realize just how bad (what I thought was) my trusty ol' gravity assist scale was. Half grain errors in consistency, AND the actual weight was not what my balance beam scale was set at. Holy Shitake Mushrooms!

We'll see how it much difference it makes at the range this week, and I'll report back. Think I just fell further down the dang rabbit hole.

pirate ammo likes this.
  18. Rsadams

Rsadams

Unfortunately there's very few of us on this board that .05 means a thing too because there's alot of guys say that there is a difference between a $500 scale and not much between $25 and $300 because there's not... Good scales start at $500...

Seriously if your reloading skills are so great that one piece of imr 4064 is why you lost a match... You wouldn't be here , let's face it this game is all about money , you only share because you want to , because you know it's not going to cost you a match because some people can and some people cant... My father was in the race car game and he was a world record holder , he told me give that guy a wrench or give that guy a what ever he needs to compete , a lesson I learned , because if he beats you because of that your not what you think you are...

Our sport is failing , I can't even say we're not doing enough... Everybody on this board I think takes the time to try and bring new people into it... No better a post than the recent Gucci post to prove this , It at this point doesn't matter we are under attack.... I pick and choose who i take out because I don't want to be responsible for anything these days like everybody else..
    Scary times , at least I am old and on the end of my life time... Can we now stop posting these kind of things and just get along.? How about just posting positive things and pictures of our targets.? Just to prove we can get the job done...?

T-shooter and McGraw like this.
  19. Rsadams

Rsadams

Sorry guys tried hard to post a picture of my .263 five shot target with a crappy Ruger American Rimfire I shot two days ago with a crappy Nikon p- Rimfire scope off a $16 bipod I bought off here under our bulletin for Amazon deals , this was my best target with CCI standered velocity crappy ammo.. lol

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  20. LGKLAS

LGKLAS

Just checked into it and it looks like it has been discontinued....... sad.

Sandstorm likes this.