SELLING * Reduced* Rem 40X barreled action,Hart barreled, 7-08 26"

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by varmints!, Nov 14, 2017.

Trader History (32)
  1. varmints!

varmints! Silver $$ Contributor

This is a nice Remington 40X (40-X) single shot action that is barreled with a Robert W. Hart Stainless barrel at 26". Action is blue and in very nice shape. Barrel is a heavy, straight taper. Barrel is D & T' d (drilled and tapped) for a front sight, sight is not present. Barrel is (full diameter) for about 4", then a straight taper for the remainder, with a muzzle dia.of .870. Not sure what profile it is named, maybe a Light Palma or a Hart equivalent.... (?) Barrel is media blasted and in good shape with only minor safe rubs. Round count is unknown. See note below on bolt face. Rem. 40X trigger included, light, clean release. Rings and bases in photos will be shipped as well. Bought this as part of an estate a few years back. WAS $900.00, NOW $850.00 shipped in the lower 47, no sale/shipping to California. Payment by USPS money order only please. FFL must receive from individual, or it can be sent via my dealer for plus $25.00 more. No trades. If you have solid feedback and have questions, please PM a phone number and I will call you.

It is a 5 digit "B" action. #349XX , no prefix. I believe it is about 1968 vintage. Yes, the "B" model is the same bolt inlet and action footprint as a Rem 700.

Would benefit in looks from a bolt polishing and / or fluting.

Bolt face is very clean, bright, I suspect it was squared when the barrel was done by Hart, it would not look as clean otherwise compared to the wear on the bolt body outside body (my opinion).

Barrel is stamped Robert W. Hart & Son D. F. , I am not sure if that was the gunsmith at Hart or what the D F initials or suffix meant(?)

Not looking for trades or lowball offers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a McMillan McHale (used) stock that I bought to use with the above barreled action. When I bought it had just been repainted, O.D. Green. It was made / bedded to a Rem 700 with a single shot adapter, factory lug, factory trigger with safety, I believe Light Palma barrel channel (straight taper). Glass bedded, NO pillars. One sling stud up front (for bipod). The 40X does not drop in, but almost. Really nice stock with the straight grip and stippled texturing where checkering would be on a traditional wood stock. If you want a whitetail rig that feels/handles tactical without the look, this is it. Have your 'smith finish the project. Only sold with the 40X above. Otherwise it goes back to the safe. $425.00 shipped in the lower 48, including action screws and ADL trigger guard in the first photo. Again, only sold with the 40X barreled action.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM
  2. varmints!

Price reduction.

3. varmints!

I added the McMillan stock that I planned to use with the 40X barreled action. It is only for sale to the buyer of the barreled action.