Redding vs. RCBS turret press

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by wvuredneck09, Apr 29, 2011.

1. wvuredneck09

wvuredneck09 Site $$ Contributor

which one do you guys prefer, anyone that has every used both? Anyone have concentricity issues with either? Don't care about depriming/priming but do want quality. Is the redding worth the extra buck? biggest difference is price on spare turrets, which I'd like to be able to set up my dies and leave them so I'll need a few spares.

2. brian427cobra

brian427cobra Site $$ Contributor

IMHO anything lighter green(Redding) is better than darker green(RCBS), but I would skip both and get a Co-Ax.

3. dtucker

dtucker Site $$ Contributor

Look at what Harrels has to offer. His turret press can be bought with extra turret heads also and you have the option as to how many threaded holes for dies also. As to producing better ammo i could not say but i would bet the tolerances and fit are better on his. I have used plenty of his stuff and he makes top notch equiptment.

4. wvuredneck09

where can one get a harrell's and whats the price, haven't ruled out the forester but did rule out the RCBS today at the NRA convention, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson

6. dlong

dlong

I have the T7 turret and love it. Very Solid. Most of my stuff is Redding...press and dies ....all competition seaters.

7. wvuredneck09

Re: Redding vs. RCBS turret press vs. Co-Ax

Also got a chance today to see a forester Co-ax in action and I'm not thinking about it very seriously, what a great press. Do you have to use the forester rings with it? will reddings or lee "O-ring" lock rings work in it? I like them for my rock chucker and have put them on most of my dies.

8. wvuredneck09